Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 4:25:09 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the GGG flip up front sight for dovetailed gas blocks?

GGG!!!

I'm curious wether or not it has a detent or locking mechanism in the up and/or down position.

I suppose it's too much for ARMS to make a front sight to match the #40 rear I have.  My dream sight is spring loaded so a simple action will shoot it into place, like the #40.

Also, who's the bargain GGG dealer?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the GG&G on my Armalite which came with a dovetail gas block.  I don't have access to the rifle, but I don't think it had the locking detent like my other GG&G front flips, could be wrong though.  They may have gotten around to adding the detent by now as it was a year ago, give or take, that I got mine from [url]www.mstn.biz[/url].  MSTN may still carry them.  Think of it this way, it's better than the Bushy front flip, and I don't know of any other decent front dovetail that flips. Wait, just found a picture of it, and I don't see a button for a detent lock, but remember, GG&G may have changed it by now.
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=13417[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=13416[/img]

Edited to say, bottom picture sucks, but the original is better, I blew it up, and I don't see anything on the other side, it's just like the right side.  I would say no, but you might want to check with GG&G.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
For anyone that's interested, I contacted GGG and the sight has ball detents.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, I should have mentioned that.  All their BUIS's have ball detents, but the newest ones (not including the flip up front dovetail, cause I don't know) have locking springloaded pins.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Mike.  Apparently the front sight doesn't lock at this time.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top