Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 4:41:36 PM EDT
I was just at Barns & Nobles looking through some gun rags, & I saw an add for Meprolite sights, & their reflex knock off that are now being sold through Kimber dealerships. I had heard they disappeared, but they must be back. So are they any good?, or are they just a rip off of Trijicon products? I was interested in looking at them a long time ago, but they had vanished from the scene.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
[moon] my thought on meprolite.
Jack
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Well then why would a company with a history of making a great product such as Kimber be selling them?[>:/]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Kimber make great guns, but they don't make optics, but can make $.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Knock off the Reflex and call it their own.
if that is what you want, buy a Reflex.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:59:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I've owned the meprolight optic for about one year now. I've got it mounted on the Olympic 9mm.AR platform. I don't know about who copied who etc,etc.I do know that this optic is the berries in steel plate,bowling pin, combat scenario quick aquisition situations.What I like...excellent durable construction and wonderful light gathering properties, good co-witness with the iron sights. The brighter the ambient light the brighter the dot.What I don't like...when shooting from deep shadow into bright light, then the dot is somewhat diminished. I also like the fact that I don't have to carry any batteries or turn on/off switches. I like mine....I'll keep it!    
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I have owned a Mepor 21 for over a year now and love it. The sight is very well made.  The guy who had it before me used it for five years on his shotgun.  He sold it to me.  It's been on my M4 and doing great.  It blows away the Trijicon in my opinion.  I did not like the Trijicon Reflex.  The dot size on the Mepor 21 is perfect 4MOA.  I have used it in almost every condition manageable.  I use my M4 for security at my cabin and target shooting.  So it gets a beating every weekend. As for the Aimpoint it was nice, I used one all summer on my Carbon 15 and it worked well.  The EO Tech is also badass and works great.  The OKO sight works great to.

I have not seen the Kimber version.  There are a few diffrent versions.  Mine is made out of a cast aluminum and very sturdy mount.  It's rock solid.

Here is a great website:
[url]http://www.isayeret.com/optics/m21/mepro21.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#9]
The Mepro couldn't have been on anything 5 years ago, they only came out about 2.5 years ago.
Jack
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:10:05 AM EDT
[#10]
My instruction manual says, made in Israel revised Copy date 4/97

He had it a little over three years. I have had it for going on a year this month.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top