Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 7:56:54 AM EDT
Im not trying to raise a bugger here But 2 weeks ago I broke my leg playing indoor soccer, so Ive been on my bum watching TV non stop, its killing me!
Last Night I was flipping through and on the BBC news channel they had several pics and interviews with US and Brit soldiers.
I saw several Elcans, and TA31's, TAO1NSNs, Aimpoints, and a few EOtechs, Not uncommon right?
Then The camera man panned over and he and the reporter started to talk to two US soldiers, both were sitting eating and I SWEAR the one on the right had a Tripower on his M5, They appeared to be SF due to the OD Blackhawk Commando Chest harnesses they were wearing. But I swear I saw the RED disk/ fiber optic disk on top.
Did anyone see this please tell me I didnt imagine this, Are we all waiting on the T&E from the field? I hope so!
Anyway If I imagined this or if someone knows they are being tested can you enlighten us.
cp out!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure ya didn't overdo it on the pain meds?   [:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Not
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
DAMNIT!! thought this was bout the Pontiac 389!  not even a pic. of a GTO.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Chuck,

This is very possible. When companies are working on new equipment for SF & SOCOM, they will send them prototypes for field testing. The better companies want real world feedback to make changes before final production.

SOCOM had prototypes of the Oakley assault boot over two years ago. Oakley was getting feedback from Afganistan via SAT phone. This seemed to work because the Oakley boots are great.

So it would not suprise me if there were a couple of Tri-powers in Iraq.

Lynn
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Where can I get a pair of those Oakley Boats?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
HAHAHAHA,
It may have been the pain meds!!
I dont know, I could have sworn it was it though, and I cant think of any other site it could have been. Ive been watching still seeing if they will run it again, seeing as I have so much time on my  hands.
Sorry about having no pics but I barely saw it myself.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Really! Was the plastic body distorted from the heat and were the lenses laying on the ground?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]
HK24 is correct.  There are a few units that have a couple.

RLTW
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Plastic Body????????
Thats one I had not heard, say it so, the site doesnt have a plastic body. Does it?
I cant believe that trijicon is making the body in plastic. As for the lenses,am I detecting a bit of hostility toward Trjicon?
cp
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I like trijicon. I have an ACOG that I really like. Yes, the body is composite/plastic.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like trijicon. I have an ACOG that I really like. Yes, the body is composite/plastic.
View Quote

Do you mean the new TriPower or do you mean the ACOG?  The ACOGs are made of an alloy of aluminum not plastic.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The tripower I saw had a composite body. Read somewhere that they are having trouble with it and that's the delay. Guess they thought the composite body would save time and expense. It turned out to be the opposite.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#13]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=164574&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top