Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 7:22:23 PM EDT
At the range today, it was rather bright, but not glaring and the dot kept washing out on me even on the highest setting.  Will the ARD help with this or is there a polarizing filter I can get?

TIA
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Close your front lense cap and turn it into an OEG.  With fresh batteries Ive never had that problem though, even in the bright Arizona sun.
Is it the early Comp M or the newer CET model?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:07:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Ampoint ML2 has only been used twice, so the battery should be fresh.  May buy the doulbe battery module, though when I order the ARD.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#4]
If purchased from a store, the Aimpoints (and all other similar sights) have been known to be left on after a demo.

Would recommend picking up an extra set of batteries and trying (besides always need a spare set ;-).

While the battery life is very long on the Aimpoint at lower setting, wonder if anyone has timed the life on the highest two settings?

Regards
John
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#5]
The double battery module does NOT use the power from both batteries.  It merely provides storage for a spare battery and a way to quickly swap to the backup batery.

I've never had any problems with my dot washing out.  I took a CQB class in April and never experienced any washout.  

I'd try a different battery.  Let us know how it goes for ya.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:30:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Close your front lense cap and turn it into an OEG.
View Quote

Hey, Lumpy.  What does OEG mean?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a CompC and I have no problems with washout as long as the battery is fresh.  Try a new battery and see if that helps.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Close your front lense cap and turn it into an OEG.
View Quote

What does OEG mean?
View Quote
"OEG" refers to an Occluded Eye Gunsight. This is a dot sight that isn't seen through itself, although it does create the aiming dot. What happens is your right eye looks through the OEG, and sees the dot; Your left eye sees the target. Your brain sees both images, and ends up superimposing the dot onto the target.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Gotta try that OEG trick.  Sending out a MO for (4) batteries today.  I'll post again when I have a chance to try them out.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Radio Shack...

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy crap, that's too cool.  I'm gonna have to try that tonight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top