Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 5:51:47 PM EDT
The"leak"is comeing from the fiber optic,"i think"were the fiber optic enter's the houseing.I called trijicon and they said"don't worry about it,if it keep,s up send it back".They said it was silicone from the tubp on top.Some time's it happen's when it start's up.I want to know what YOU guy's think.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The"leak"is comeing from the fiber optic,"i think"were the fiber optic enter's the houseing.I called trijicon and they said"don't worry about it,if it keep,s up send it back".They said it was silicone from the tubp on top.Some time's it happen's when it start's up.I want to know what YOU guy's think.
View Quote

I'm sure new-arguy-fro [@:D] will be by any time now to tell you if he's ever seen this before.

Love it! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Never seen that before, but then again, I've also never looked. There's three TA31's at my day job right now. I'll have to make a close inspection tomorrow. I'll let you know what I can see. Untill then, I would feel at ease with Trijicons advice.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I havent seen one like that either. Sounds like the silicone didnt cure properly if its running/leaking. Call their customer service again and ask for Joleene. She is an OUTSTANDING cust. service rep. and will go out of her way to make it right.

Sorry I havent been around here much, Things have gotten real "hairy" for me lately.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Looked at them all today and cant say I really saw anything *leaking*. One of them did have somewhat of a spot near the pin that helps hold the fiber optic tube in place, but I cant say I would have catagorized it as a leak. In any case, Trijicon see's way more of these scopes n a day than I will probably ever see. Well... at least than I will see this year!! [:P] But if they say it isnt a problem, I would believe them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanx guy,s(elery-holt)went to the range today.No futher prob's.It take's a bit of getting used to but g**damm once i got it zeroed them soda can's took to dancing ALL over dodge.I tell ya.that 31f make's it to damm easy.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top