Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 12:49:39 AM EDT
Hello, I have my selection of scopes down to these three. The only thing that is holding up my decision is the question of eye relief. It seems to me when comparing ACOG's to other scopes the eye relief is really low. I know the ta-31 is very popular but do many people have trouble with the eye relief? How about with the ta-11? The 1-1/2" eye relief of the ta-31 and the ta50r2 seems short. Even the ta-11 at 2.4" eye relief doesnt sound like much. Anybody with experience with the ACOG's please let me know what your experience has been. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#1]
If I put the TA11 in the same position as I do the TA01NSN (which has the same eye relief as the TA31 I believe), I have to move my head back.  It's now mounted 3 or 4 rails ahead.  Without the adjustable M4 stock it would have been difficult to get a good view of the target through the TA01NSN, I use either the 2nd or 3rd poistion (4 being fully extended).  On the TA11 with a full A2 stock, and the scope mounted further towards the muzzle it's perfect.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The eye relief figures Trijicon gives are "ideal eye relief". It is basically a midrange figure bewteen the far limit and the near limit.

I shoot with my nose to the charging handle and have no eye relief problems with my TA11 mounted like this:

[img]http://www.ont.com/users/kolya/AR15/AR15_2.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top