Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 3:31:24 PM EDT
Which would you guys recommend?  Also I have a fixed carry handle, so can anyone tell me which mount to get and maybe show a pic of the setup?

Thanks,
Wes
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You wont go wrong with either.  Both are outstanding.  I prefer the Aimpoint simply from the battery life aspect.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You wont go wrong with either.  Both are outstanding.  I prefer the Aimpoint simply from the battery life aspect.  
View Quote

I agree with Lumpy except i like the EOTech more as a red dot.

Aimpoint plus are battery life and more mounting options.

EOTech plus are single pane optic give better field of view, 2D reticel in circle dot pattern makes a super fast CQB optic, clear non coated lens don't reflect as badly as reflective technology red dot such as Aimpoint, better parallex at longer distance, no muzzle side signature using NV mode, and no optic distortion due to curved lens required by reflective technology.

I actually have more Aimpoint then EOtech but that is only I bought my Aimpoint before i saw the light.

either way, you will end up with two of the best red dot electronic sight on the market. no doubt about it, you are winner either way.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#3]
So what is the best way to mount it?  On the carry handle or directly in front of it?

Wes
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have an A2 carry handle, Id recommend mounting it in front of the handguard.  You can actually zero the thing effectively and you have cowitnessing with the irons to back it up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both. All future purchases will be EOTech. For all the reasons SMGLee stated. -J
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Eotech, the circle dot is much faster to pick up and is also clearer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
How to get the EOTech to co witness? LMK

Chris
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How to get the EOTech to co witness? LMK

Chris
View Quote

Mount it on a flatop directly or on a gooseneck mount for an A2 upper.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which would you guys recommend?  Also I have a fixed carry handle, so can anyone tell me which mount to get and maybe show a pic of the setup?

Thanks,
Wes
View Quote

An example of forward mounting an Aimpoint .... this is an M2 in an ARMS #22M68 mount on an ARMS #51 SIR:

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pa800570d6f74006cff35bb8cc53e60b4/fc404f59.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pca64a97d1d111fe6ef96f8b690497b27/fc404f62.jpg[/img]

The #51 SIR is in essence a #39A2 carry handle mount, in case you're looking at that.

When you're using the optic you're looking OVER the top of the rear aperture, and the front sight assembly is in the lower portion of the optic field of view, which is optimum positioning, IMHO.

[i]NOTE:  The front sight assembly will NOT be as clear as shown in this picture.[/i]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p2c737bfd262fd05a083e0f206f757178/fc5d0546.jpg[/img]

If your Aimpoint fails, you simply lower your head slightly to look through the rear aperture and use your irons through your failed sight:

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/pb43e619a439df4195f30f842c37fbfcc/fc5d0549.jpg[/img]

The best optic/iron sight co-witness that you can get with an A2 upper, IMHO (again).

Chris
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been pondering this very question for months.  I'm back at my summer job and I'll be out of debt soon, which means it will be time to spend! [banana]  I've been looking for somebody with an EOTech so I can see it in person, but no luck so far.  I refuse to spend $300-$400 on optics without feeling that I've made the best possible decision.  Let the search continue!  If I had the cash, I'd just adopt the "get both" method of shopping[:)]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top