Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2003 9:06:55 AM EDT
Is anyone using a KNS Precision crosshair front sight?  I understand they're made with .10-inch beryllium wire.  They look like they would work well as far a precision is concerned, but I can't help thinking that they seem a tad fragile.  Can anyone speak to their durabilty?  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got the crosshair+dot version.  I really like the sight picture, especially in holdover situations.  It works for me way better than a standard post.  

Durability: it appears the hood is made of brass.  This version sticks up about 1/8" above the ears of the front sight.  The non-adjustable versions are probably flush.  I don't think wire breakage will be a problem due to the shape of the hood. But the brass construction and tall hood concern me if the rifle lands directly on it.  

My rifle has already hit the ground pretty hard, and so far so good.  YMMV, but overall iron sight shooting is way more fun for me now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine alot!!! I got the Hooded version w/the duplex type crosshair.  I love the hooded version but would prob get the non duplex if buying again.  Just not much of a need for the duplex.  My groups are down to 1-2 inches w/ most ammo at 100yds.  I was never very good w/the standard front post.

scottMO
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top