Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2002 3:47:57 AM EDT
What are your thoughts and experiences with this little sight mounted on a flatop AR? I just install one I bought NIB for real good price. Looks good sitting atop a Bushmaster single riser block - but a bit delicate and exposed to potential damage up there. Can I expect it to hold a zero? Is the "JP Firepoint" sight the same thing? (now that Tasco has discontinued the Optima)

If this sight proves to be a good choice the next upgraged its going to get is an Aristocrat guarded base as soon as Brownells stocks the Weaver base.
http://www.brownells.com/images/products/044000014.jpg

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one a while back, but have not used it.  I liked the idea.  I've seen them mounted on handguns and those would have more "abuse" (shock) then the AR I think.  I bought mine to put on an Enforcer (M1 Carbine pistol-preban) as the sights were toast (hack job by the preivious owner(s)).  Any how, the Optima found it's way to my flat top 440 Corbon upper.  Haven't used it yet.... so hard to say.   I think it'll work out fine.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
    I like the way they look - TASCO products are getting to be discounted heavy, now that they're out of business.
    BUSHNELL bought their name, but long-term support is uncertain.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I like mine, while I think it's too fragile to be used as a primary sight and you need a hex wrench to adjust windage and elevation (I don't carry one in my pocket everyday), it's useful as a secondary sight.  I've seen it mounted sideways on an M203 leaf rear sight, and on top of a scope ring rail like the one you'd see on an SPR. See pic below:
[img]publish.hometown.aol.com/jameswagar/myhomepage/mvc-003s.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US[/img]  I have two, one is on the ACOG, the other one will go on a Remington 700's scope ring.
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p8fc5c89af79f7f6b2e2810efa6869ca1/fcdeaa71.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top