Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2002 6:35:49 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to the ACOG. I know you get what you pay for, but was curious if there is anything similar for less. Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Similar in what way?  If you mean able to be dropped, kicked, submerged to hundreds of feet, and powered by a tritium reticle that works for years and years and BAC models powered off of fiber optics then no.

If you mean a compact, light weight scope then yes.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#2]
ACOG replaced SUIT, but was there that much improvement?
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want a fixed 4x scope, you can go with the Colt models, but I don't know if they can mount to anything but the carry handle.  How about the Compact ACOG.  Smaller, lighter, with lower magnifications (3x I think is the max) but the cool Amber triangle reticle.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#4]
SJ, haha, that was my answer too. The alternative to ACOGs are Compact ACOGs !
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
What about an Elcan?

I love mine.

Oz
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the search feature back up? If so, try a search on Elcan. You will find that baout everyone thinks the glass is great, but those people who want/need an optic usable in field conditions hate the thing. The mounts and adjustments leave a heck of a lot to be desired. If it is a range gun, and a range gun ONLY, I'm sure the Elcan, or almost any other inexpensive optic would be fine. Otherwise... It sure is hard to beat the ACOGs.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ACOG replaced SUIT, but was there that much improvement?

Oh HELL YES!  The optics are much better - they are much stronger - the ACOG (in all varients) is much lighter, more mounting options.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top