Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 5:28:41 AM EDT
any opinions or experience?  I'm assembling a 700PSS-LTR in 308, and I'm going with the Badger base and MAX-50 rings...I want a scope that has a matching level of durability, and the Leupolds just don't seem to be as tough as I'd like.  I wish someone made an ACOG-tough precision scope, but it looks like Nightforce is the closest thing.  I require an illuminated reticle as well.

TIA
QS
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have owned two Nightforce scopes.  They are of fine quality, but they are HUGE and HEAVY!  I would not put such a large scope on a LTR.  Why do you want a "light" tactical rifle and then pile on the weight?  Just my opinion.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Short means more to me than the weight.  I was going to have the standard PSS cut to 20" when I realized, duh, that the LTR is already 20" and fluted to boot.  I'm putting a Gemtech TPR-S on it as well, so the weight is really a non-issue.  I'm looking for TOUGH glass.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was faced with this problem on a M700PSS, and shooting to a maximum of 400 yards, I went with the U.S. Optics Sn-4, with the lit reticle DOE MKII. I also shortened the barrel to 22" from 26, had it recrowned and the action pillar bedded. The result looks something like this.

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks nice...but I've not heard the greatest things about USOs customer service, and they're a little more than I wanted to spend.  $1200 or so is about it...plus I thought they weren't illuminated?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Contact Lowlilght@snipershide for discount and additional information.

He is handling customer service and doing a great job. Also, he can answer all your questions.

My reticle has 11 position controlable brightness and the entire reticle is lit not just the little center dot!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top