Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2002 4:33:23 PM EDT
Do they make these? If not does anyone know? The reason I ask is becuase I'm going to buy a flat top upper. I don't like the removable front sight so I'm going to keep the standard on my rifle. I would think that the flip up sight would be compatible with a standard front sight, don't you think?
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:09:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Wes, it is hard to guage height from just the pictures on various websites. When you get a minute, could you give approximate height of the Knight's 600m rear and the GG&G A2 rear - both of them extended? That 600m looks really tall, but it may just be camera perspective.

Thank you, sir.

SIEGE
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#4]
3rdtk (Jack),

Is the PRI front sight seeing use by our forces outside of the SPR role?

Thanks,

JAW
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay guys, I was going to start another topic but since this thread is going so well I'll just ask my question here.

I have decided on the A.R.M.S. #38 7.62 standard length. I have talked to an A'lite smith and he says in order to get the scope above the fixed front sight assembly, I 'll have to use a riser along with their mount. He suggested I  go with the total A4 configuration but I just want the flat top upper. I would go with the A4 configuration IF I can get a flip up front sight. I just left GGG's website and I only saw one for the AR15. Does any one make a flip up front sight for the AR-10? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay call me stupid! I just checked the MSTN site and it looks like the GGG flip up front site will work with AR-10. LAST question about this, I promise. Will the A.R.M.S. #38 work with the GGG tactical flip up? I mean will everything line up to the same height? If I can't use the tactical I would think that the gasblock flip up site(which IS made for the AR-10) would work with the A.R.M.S. #38, right? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]
MSTN, I had planned on a Springfield 4-14x56 3rd Gen scope but now I don't know. I might just skip the A'lite mount and go with the #22 high rings along with the #38, that way the scope should clear the sight when folded down.

And by the way Wes, thanks for your prompt replies. Once I get the money together I'll buy my sights from you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Wes the outside objective will be at most 56mm. If I go with another scope I figure the smallest will be 44mm.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:37:07 AM EDT
[#12]
BUIS as a Primary, ask the Army?
The way it was explained to me was that some soldiers will never get an optic or a reflex, but may have occasion to mount a night sight/thermal when on guard duty around their bulk fuel dump, rations dump, etc., (get my drift--combat service support types).
So the officer in charge of the program modified the requirement to a more "fully capable" BUIS, if this was truelt to replace the carrying handle's capability.

By the way for what it is worth, our KAC 300-Meter BUIS (P/N: 98072)is the only one I know of with a National Stock Number (NSN) assigned.
As a component of the SOPMOD Kit, and Marine Recon's CQB Weapon, plus many others in US Military, something 25,000+ are in service.  In the last 30 days in fact, over 1,000 to US Army unit's in Korea and 1,000+ to Germany.  Also, some Marine Recon units use our 600M Fully Adjustable as well, but most of them we have subsequently modified to accept the removeable plastic aperture.
ColdBlue Sends.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Dave,

Thanks - I see (don't agree, but see where it is coming from).

Link Posted: 9/1/2002 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top