Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 5:28:41 AM EDT
any opinions or experience?  I'm assembling a 700PSS-LTR in 308, and I'm going with the Badger base and MAX-50 rings...I want a scope that has a matching level of durability, and the Leupolds just don't seem to be as tough as I'd like.  I wish someone made an ACOG-tough precision scope, but it looks like Nightforce is the closest thing.  I require an illuminated reticle as well.

TIA
QS
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have owned two Nightforce scopes.  They are of fine quality, but they are HUGE and HEAVY!  I would not put such a large scope on a LTR.  Why do you want a "light" tactical rifle and then pile on the weight?  Just my opinion.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Short means more to me than the weight.  I was going to have the standard PSS cut to 20" when I realized, duh, that the LTR is already 20" and fluted to boot.  I'm putting a Gemtech TPR-S on it as well, so the weight is really a non-issue.  I'm looking for TOUGH glass.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was faced with this problem on a M700PSS, and shooting to a maximum of 400 yards, I went with the U.S. Optics Sn-4, with the lit reticle DOE MKII. I also shortened the barrel to 22" from 26, had it recrowned and the action pillar bedded. The result looks something like this.

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks nice...but I've not heard the greatest things about USOs customer service, and they're a little more than I wanted to spend.  $1200 or so is about it...plus I thought they weren't illuminated?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Contact Lowlilght@snipershide for discount and additional information.

He is handling customer service and doing a great job. Also, he can answer all your questions.

My reticle has 11 position controlable brightness and the entire reticle is lit not just the little center dot!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top