Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2023 11:26:56 AM EDT
I would like to try to do something nice to help someone who's stuck behind enemy lines.

The problem is I'm not sure where those enemy lines are now as a couple new states have recently tried to do magazine bands but then they were challenged and I don't know what the status is or what's going on.

I already sold the vast majority of my pre-94 mags.

However I still do have a handful of pre 94 AK mags and pre-94 AR mags.

More importantly and what I'm really interested in is that I have a large number of magazines that were made after 1994 but before 2021 2022 or 2023.

It's my understanding that Washington Delaware and Oregon maybe one or two other states recently past magazine bans in the 2020s.

What if anything can I do to help them at this point?

Tsh77769
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Any AR prebans left? How much?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RD18:
Any AR prebans left? How much?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/AR15-Magazines/24/

Try the Equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Oregon’s ban was suspended so they are not a ban state right now.

Washington’s ban prohibits the importation of any magazine that was not possessed by that person in the state prior to July 1, 2022.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#4]
MA is the place.  EE gets good traffic I think.  But there a website called Northeast Shooters -  join, introduce yourself and sell away to happy customers.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TSH77769:
I would like to try to do something nice to help someone who's stuck behind enemy lines.

The problem is I'm not sure where those enemy lines are now as a couple new states have recently tried to do magazine bands but then they were challenged and I don't know what the status is or what's going on.

More importantly and what I'm really interested in is that I have a large number of magazines that were made after 1994 but before 2021 2022 or 2023.

It's my understanding that Washington Delaware and Oregon maybe one or two other states recently past magazine bans in the 2020s.

Tsh77769
View Quote

The states that are banning them now are not doing the older method of just continuing the expired federal AWB. They are making a ban on all mags after a certain time. Any mag over 10 rounds in WA is banned regardless of when it was made unless it was owned before the law took effect. Pre-whatever makes no difference... other than if you have a mag made after the ban took effect it's sort of prima-facia evidence that you purchased or imported it into the state after the ban and therefore broke the law. So nobody illegally bringing in mags will be bringing in new P-Mags for instance as they are date coded.

Legally there is nothing you can to do help us other than donating to the SAF and praying that the lawsuits go our way. Unless you're speaking totally hypothetically in a fantastic (meaning based in fantasy) way of asking how you'd illegally get mags that can't be shown to have been made after the ban took effect into the hands of residents of these states. Which of course you'd never do for real, since you're a law abiding citizen and wouldn't dare break the law. It's for a book your working on writing right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Legally, what could they do to me if I sold banned magazines to ban states? I don't live there so they have no jurisdiction over me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
Legally, what could they do to me if I sold banned magazines to ban states? I don't live there so they have no jurisdiction over me.
View Quote

You realize that you don't have to reside in a jurisdiction to commit a crime there, right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By kwb377:

You realize that you don't have to reside in a jurisdiction to commit a crime there, right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kwb377:

What are they going to do? Go out of state and arrest me? I have no desire to go to those states, I'm selling the mags in my state. They have no jurisdiction where I live.
That would be like them trying to write me a speeding ticket for the delivery driver going to fast with my package.
Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#9]
What are they going to do? Go out of state and arrest me? I have no desire to go to those states, I'm selling the mags in my state. They have no jurisdiction where I live.
That would be like them trying to write me a speeding ticket for the delivery driver going to fast with my package.
Am I wrong?
View Quote

There are no federal laws on magazine capacity

Nobody is hopping state lines in an effort to prosecute .
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know dude. Lets call the penguin.

@Aimless
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Am I wrong?
View Quote

Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
There are no federal laws on magazine capacity
Nobody is hopping state lines in an effort to prosecute .
View Quote
I agree with these things.    If you have a web site and/or taking credit cards and/or ongoing business doing it regularly/high volume, yeah, they will figure some way to at least harass you or sue you.   If you're an individual selling the mags, they aren't going to do shit.    If my friend was selling mags and someone who was in a commie state wanted to buy some, my friend would take their money same as anyone else's and ship the mags.   Fuck the commie tyrants!
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TSH77769:

Tsh77769
View Quote

Give it a rest... stop glowing...

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]
OP, the last place you can send them legally is Massachusetts.  They have a worse anti-2nd Amendment ban on the table, but it's not passed yet.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:28:14 AM EDT
[#14]
As a MA resident I would love help getting some Preban AR mags here.

Unfortunately my other residence is WA where we went from free to stop sale on almost everything last year with no grandfather on sales. :/. Luckily I was able to find some pre-ban glock mags good homes before that.

Link Posted: 10/24/2023 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Am I wrong?
View Quote

They cannot enforce that because they have no jurisdiction in the other state.  

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top