Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2020 8:50:04 AM EDT
I would like to try this Rit dye thing. Are there any mags I can buy? I understand Magpul doesn't make sand anymore, but is there anything else I can use? Like a clear, or smoke Lancer?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it would work w/ anything translucent. To me, it would seem the plastic could get brittle.

Claims in-stock
Another
Another
Limited, but I think you can reverse
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would like to try this Rit dye thing. Are there any mags I can buy? I understand Magpul doesn't make sand anymore, but is there anything else I can use? Like a clear, or smoke Lancer?
View Quote
Clear Lancers are the best to die out of currently in production magazines.  The translucents are on sale a lot but the Clears are not as often.  Botach has for $14

Sand Pmags are out of production.  Rainier still has old stock, windowed for $17.50, which is a great deal since I've seem them sell for over $22-25 on gunbroker.  Primary arms has AK version for $23.  I bought about 40 when they went on close out but should have gotten more.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems everything moved to cerekote. I think that's what caused sand to drop off.

Lancer clears look cool dyed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
SureFeed makes Dessert Tan 20rd & 30rd mags.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SureFeed makes Dessert Tan 20rd & 30rd mags.
View Quote
Might want to reread the OP question. He wants to dye some and magpul made a color called “sand” that were meant to dye. Magpul closed them out a year or so ago.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top