Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2019 1:15:28 PM EDT
I have an AR 9mm that is a brand other than Colt. I purchased 2 Pro-Mag Colt AR 32 round magazines. These mags will not fit in my off brand 9mm AR. They are really tight and
I do not want to hammer them in. Is there a difference between the Colt 9mm AR mag well and other brands mag wells?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The common patterns are Colt (Colt/Metalform & Brownells) and Glock pattern (9mm mags).

Pro-Mag is notorious for being hit or miss.

That is all that comes to mind for me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Pro mag sucks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
My Brownells branded Metaform runs flawless. I also ordered two ASC mags and they run flawless now, but I had tile file the feed lips down a LOT so my bolt would clear them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
PSA also sells Metalform.

Pro-Mag will replace your mags with two more that won't work.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I will agree that Pro-Mag is not highly recommended. I have maybe 8-10 mags from Pro-Mag and they work fine. These two 9mm AR mags have me baffled.
For one thing they were buried in the bottom of an ammo can in the bottom of my safe. I can't imagine that I did not try them when I bought them, but I guess
it is possible I did not. I guess I can right it off to a bad product as long as Colt 9mm AR's and all other 9mm lower mag wells are the same size.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I do own 1 pro mag, fde colt ar9 plastic, but I haven't used it in over 12yrs as I have asc, cprod, and uzi mags that work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Know I will catch flack.
Every ASC AR9 magazine I've every used has been more reliable than any of the Metalform AR9 magazines I've used.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The only 2 brands that worked for me in Colt-style AR 9mm are Metalform and recently, ASC.  The Metalform are very well built!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top