Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2017 9:06:41 PM EDT
I see that AA has them for $20, but also want $20 to ship four of them and two extractors

Does anyone else sell them (for cheaper?)
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure they are cheaper but JP sells 24 round E-Lander mags as does Larue and Midway.   Not every retailer sells all the different capacity of E-Lander mags.  The C Products Defense latest generation mags are also getting good reviews.  North River Distributing have the best prices I've seen on the CPD mags.

I think AA must have had a deal with E-Lander to be the sole distributor of E-Lander 6.5 Grendel mags.  I'm not sure if this term as expired or if these other sources are getting the E-Lander 6.5 Grendel mags from AA.  At one time the only place you could buy E-Lander 6.5 Grendel mags was from AA.   E-Lander 5.56/223 mags are available from numerous sources.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I use AR Stoner mags.  No issues.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have some AR Stoner (ASC if I remember right from the followers) and some CDP mags. I've only used the AR Stoner ones sofar (no issues) but I'd like a few 100% reliable mags, that's why I want to get a few E-Lander ones.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 5 and 10 round ASC magazines that I got from Midway, neither one of them feed reliably, if I put more than two rounds in either magazine, the bolt rides halfway over the round or only pushes the round halfway out.  It seems like the rounds are pointing to far down if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like the location of the mag catch hole might be out of spec or the feed lips are out of adjustment.   If you have a good mag compare the feed lips.  I had one twenty four round ASC mag that failed to feed.  I used needle nose pliers to bend the feed lips to match my good mags.  The faulty mag has started working since I adjusted the feed lips.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't have a good magazine to compare it to, but I ordered some E-Landers, they are backordered, but I guess I will have to wait.  I cannot even manually strip the rounds from the magazine, the case neck gets stuck on the front of the magazine.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
On my faulty 24 round mag it would generally feed fine from the ejection port side (right side) but the other side would fail to feed.   I gently bent both feed lips up to match my good mags.  Not much on the exjection port side but a good bit more on the inside feed lip (left side when shooting).   My mags were doing the same as yours.  Raising the feed lips allowed the nose to rise up to hit the feed ramp.

This is a common problem on ASC mags where the bullets nose goes down and hits below the barrel extension and not on the M-4 feed ramps.   If your not going to return your ASC mags I’d wrap the nose of needle nose pliers with black tape and try to raise the taper of the feed lips to release the cartridge sooner allowing the nose of the bullet and cartridge to rise.   Using tape on the nose will help prevent marring the feed lips.  You can use a dowl rod or the blunt rear end of a Bic pen to push the rounds forward out of the mag to test it.

You can also lower the front edge of the mag so the brass cases clear the edge when feeding.  Once I tweaked my feed lips I did’t need to lower the front edge of the mag.   Here is a thread with some useful information and a video describing the front of the mag body mod.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthread.php?13834-ASC-Mag-Feed-Issues-Stoppages
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, I will try to work on the feed lips.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I see that AA has them for $20, but also want $20 to ship four of them and two extractors

View Quote
I was in the same situation last month.  Himmed, hawed, then ordered them.   They've been flawless FWIW...
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in the same situation last month.  Himmed, hawed, then ordered them.   They've been flawless FWIW...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well Mr Gunsngear you got my attention.  Sounds like you’ve been shooting a 6.5 Grendel, are you going to do a video?   To each their own but I really like my 6.5 Grendels, trying to resist building an 18” and still having a hankering for a 6.5 Grendel bolt action.      
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah I expect they'll work 100%

I'll probably wait to see if they have a Black Friday/holiday sale of some sort like they did last year (2x 17 and 2x 24 round mags for cheaper)
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top