Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2015 1:51:10 PM EDT
Does anyone have the real story why USGI mags say something like "Restricted military/Gov't/Law Enforcement/Export Use Only"

I can guess why its there but don't know for sure (i.e. 94-04 AWB?) anyone have the real answer? Does it result in any substantial limitations on these products or is it a meaningless statement?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, that was a marking under the old fed assault weapon ban.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Fortunately, nothing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does anyone have the real story why USGI mags say something like "Restricted military/Gov't/Law Enforcement/Export Use Only"

I can guess why its there but don't know for sure (i.e. 94-04 AWB?) anyone have the real answer? Does it result in any substantial limitations on these products or is it a meaningless statement?
View Quote

Over 10rd mags made after 9/13/94 couldn't be sold to the peasants and had to be marked in some way. All (Federal) limitations ceased to exist on 9/14/04

Everyone should own one, and a 10rd abortion, as a reminder of what "reasonable" gun control looks like.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
So if the peasants have them now it's because once the ban was lifted it was ok for them to be sold?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Over 10rd mags made after 9/13/94 couldn't be sold to the peasants and had to be marked in some way. All (Federal) limitations ceased to exist on 9/14/04

Everyone should own one, and a 10rd abortion, as a reminder of what "reasonable" gun control looks like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I view mine as "trophies."
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I see you are in California, I would check in the California HTF forum for the laws that are in place regarding the sale of 30rd magazines

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if the peasants have them now it's because once the ban was lifted it was ok for them to be sold?

I see you are in California, I would check in the California HTF forum for the laws that are in place regarding the sale of 30rd magazines

yea, not a question for myself. Just a theroetical question. I see them talked about frequently and I wondered how it applies to those in free states.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

All (Federal) limitations ceased to exist on 9/14/04

That means it was OK for them to be sold (barring any state or local retardation)
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#12]
You can use them in a featureless rifle but if it has a bullet button it has to be pinned. Most everyone i know with them in cali just stores them away for a rainy day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#13]
MA (my residence) and a few other states can only use pre 9/1994 mags, so any of the "For LE/Mil only" mags are a big no no.  Most mags made before the 94 AWB had no marking, although a couple manufacturers internally date stamped them and I think only Center (or was it Okay?) externally dated them... Most guys in MA use a Parsons/Adventure line/Sanchez, which were made from the late 1970s-early 1990s. These mags are undated but these particular manufacturers had dropped the USGI contract for mags by the AWB so they are actually pre-94.  Although an actual date stamp is always easier to prove that it is a legitimately preban mag in the People's Republic of Massachusetts and other similar states.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You can use them in a featureless rifle but if it has a bullet button it has to be pinned. Most everyone i know with them in cali just stores them away for a rainy day.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure this is not exactly true for Ca
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to 1994 Comrade
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top