Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2014 6:35:38 PM EDT
So I've used Pmags for a few years now and they've never failed me, but I hate the huge flared baseplate. I've seen the new(Ish) troy mags and I have a few of them but I haven't really put them through their paces yet. Im just wondering if any of ya'll have experience with them? So far they've run reliably for me but I also haven't put any more than 100 rounds through all 6 mags together when I've got a few Pmags that are closing in on 1000 rounds a mag. The polymer just feels kinda flimsy to me, but then again that's what I thought the first time I grabbed a pmag. Do anyone that uses them have any experience with yours breaking or cracking or warping under normal use? Thanks for any help ya'll can give.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I was using troy mags, pmags, aluminum mags and a couple others at a rifle class here in AZ. The troy battlemags were the only ones that failed miserably. The aluminum did OK having only 1-2 hiccups. But the battlemags actually jammed really bad requiring me to slam them against the bed of a truck. I wouldn't trust them that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I used one for a bit that functioned fine. Did seem like the polymer would flex more than Pmags or Lancers.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a pretty good torture test thread that convinced me to try Battlemags even though they feel kinda weak.

So I've been doing some of my own trials during a training event recently between my G1&2 PMAGS I've had forever, some Lancers, and some Troy Battlemags. I didn't put GI mags in because I had enough of their crap years ago.

PMAGS came out on top since I had repeated trouble with the Lancers' HUGE ribs that kept snagging on my pouches. Absolute failure under combat conditions. Yah I said it, fuck Lancers. The Battlemags held up pretty well, but are pretty slick when you yank on em with gloved fingers. That was my only gripe, but it makes a reload clunky and cumbersome. They come out from a pouch REALLY smooth, wether it's a double pouch or a single pouch with bungee retention. I'm going to stipple the smooth sides with a soldering iron and give em a whirl in an upcoming event.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/581741_The_Unscientific_Plastic_Magazine_Test___Videos_pg15___Part_2_pg16___mobile_users_56k_do_not_click_.html
Here's the torture test thread
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#5]
They are not as cheap or durable as pmags. They arent as good as lancers. Also, a lot of people are boycotting troy. Google could tell you why
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few and they've always worked fine. Of course, we hate Troy now.

They do feel flimsier than any of my other polymer mags.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried the Magpul M3 mags they seem to be more streamline than the M2s

I hate Troy anything.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I love this tread I will keep looking for troy battle mags.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems that Troy anything is gone almost everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Ibft.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top