Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2013 1:19:24 AM EDT
Didn't want to look through 58 pages on industry thread using my phone so I'll ask it here. How are the E-Lander mags seating, functioning, and dropping free in ur M&P rifles?
Thanx in advance!

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 2:33:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Didn't want to look through 58 pages on industry thread using my phone so I'll ask it here. How are the E-Lander mags seating, functioning, and dropping free in ur M&P rifles?
Thanx in advance!

I have an M&P and have had no problems with the E-Lander mags.  Loaded them with 30 and they seat just fine for me.  Emptied a mag with no function issues and they drop free as they should.  I am very happy with my purchase, have fun with the wait though

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats been my experience as well. A slight tap to seat and function fine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:38:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, keep-em coming. Researching for my brother who just ordered an M&P.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#4]
In for answers, mine are on order and I have the same rifle.

I'll let ya know when I get them.  I have 6 on order.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine worked fine in a friend's newish 2012 M&P15; sixteen of them, no issues at all. He liked them so well, I let him keep one. (Just one... )
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered mine from Mako over a month ago, still waiting.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a M&P Sport AR and I had to raise the upper mag window shelf about 1/32" to 1/16" to get them to seat as easily when fully loaded with 30 rounds, as my USGI and Magpul mags. With the dreaded Dremel tool and a sanding disc it took about 5 minutes to remove enough meta and check the fit, so they would seat and release easily, not a big deal as far as I'm concerned.  Empty they seated and released just fine, no problems.  It was only when fully loaded that you had to give them a fairly hard rap on the bottom to get them to seat. Once the craziness dies down I will buy some more of them. They are very well made mags and it doesn't hurt to have some diversity in my stash of mags!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a M&P Sport AR and I had to raise the upper mag window shelf about 1/32" to 1/16" to get them to seat as easily when fully loaded with 30 rounds, as my USGI and Magpul mags. With the dreaded Dremel tool and a sanding disc it took about 5 minutes to remove enough meta and check the fit, so they would seat and release easily, not a big deal as far as I'm concerned.  Empty they seated and released just fine, no problems.  It was only when fully loaded that you had to give them a fairly hard rap on the bottom to get them to seat. Once the craziness dies down I will buy some more of them. They are very well made mags and it doesn't hurt to have some diversity in my stash of mags!!

Ditto for me. I tried my 6 E-Lander mags in my M&P 15 Sport, M&P VTAC II, Del Ton TRX Extreme, and Seekins Precision build and all had the issue described by Diamondback when fully loaded with 30 rounds. I'm planning to dremel off a bit of the upper latch shelf which should solve the problem.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto for me. I tried my 6 E-Lander mags in my M&P 15 Sport, M&P VTAC II, Del Ton TRX Extreme, and Seekins Precision build and all had the issue described by Diamondback when fully loaded with 30 rounds. I'm planning to dremel off a bit of the upper latch shelf which should solve the problem.

Don't have the tools to do this yet. so my 12 are relatively worthless to me right now with my stag arms :(

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 2:52:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't have the tools to do this yet. so my 12 are relatively worthless to me right now with my stag arms :(  

Do you have a leatherman?  I used the file on my leatherman Wave to do it.  It took about 5 minutes per mag while half-watched a TV show.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
So can you run them with 28 or 29 bullets instead?

Do you have pictures of what you are doing or directions? I have a M&P 15 and have ordered some E-Lander mags from The Mako Group.

Thanks - I really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a picture of the E-Lander mag. All that you have to do is file the top of the window shelf and remove enough metal so that it seats as easy as Pmags or USGI mags. Remove a little metal and trial fit with the mag fully loaded. Repeat the process until it seats and releases easily when fully loaded with 30 rounds. With a Dremel Tool it took about 5 minutes per mag because I was being careful not to remove more metal than absolutely necessary.  

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top