Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 7:40:58 PM EDT
Bought two of them with the orange followers for my Double Star/Model 1 Sales AR and the bolt catch is not locking the bolt back when the charging handle is pulled to the rear with an empty magazine.  Tried a Tango Down mag in the same rifle and it locks the bolt back as it should.  Then tried the C Products mags in an LMT rifle and the bolt locks back as it should. Is there a problem with the followers in the C Products mags, or is there something about the bolt catch on the Double Star/M1S rifle that it is not catching the mag follower?  Keep in mind, the Tango Down mag works every time. A little confused.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably a mix of the two....

Got a different lower you can try the mags in?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have another lower to try, other than the LMT rifle.  I compared the bolt catch on the Double Star/M1S with the bolt catch on the LMT and could not discern any significant difference in either the function or dimension. Furthermore, the Tango Down mag works fine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
look at the "finger" on the mag catch, some are shorter than others, compare to other lowers.

I would say stacking tolerances is causing you problems
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed.  Okays ––the best there is––with green usgi followers do the same thing in my lower.  I replace the followers with a Magpul or a DSG orange USGI clone and they work 100%.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Agreed.  Okays ––the best there is––with green usgi followers do the same thing in my lower.  I replace the followers with a Magpul or a DSG orange USGI clone and they work 100%.

That's what I was thinking - replace the followers.  

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top