Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2009 8:30:04 AM EDT
Is there any way to put two 30 rd. P-MAGS together, that is solid without paying the "big money" for the  Springer Precision coupler ?  Thanks folks.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there any way to put two 30 rd. P-MAGS together, that is solid without paying the "big money" for the  Springer Precision coupler ?  Thanks folks.....

JB Weld?
Matt
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Mag Cinch and have not had any problems with it using Pmags and their cheap!
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen guys with CAA Mag Couplers....will those not work for the PMAGS?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks alot man....I just pcked up one of the "mako" brand nylon strap style couplers and they seem to work great.....
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
There's a company out there that makes a Pmag coupling device that used the base plate area as an attachement.  I forget the name of the company, but if I find it, I'll post it here.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe that's the "Springer Precision" one I mentioned erlier...They're nice but WAY expensive....like $46.00 or so.........man, that hurts !!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I believe that's the "Springer Precision" one I mentioned erlier...They're nice but WAY expensive....like $46.00 or so.........man, that hurts !!

I think you're right.  Wow.  That is expensive.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's a company out there that makes a Pmag coupling device that used the base plate area as an attachement.  I forget the name of the company, but if I find it, I'll post it here.

http://sgcusa.com/p3034/Springer-Precision-Firebird-PMag-Coupler/product_info.html
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use a Mag Cinch and have not had any problems with it using Pmags and their cheap!

+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, that's a novel idea, BUT what happens when you ACTUALLY swap the mags? As you have your rifle shouldered, the mag on the right will be in front of the ejection port. If you look at most people's setup with mag clamps, the mags are offset, one higher than the other. Try it for yourself before you spend $40. I went with a Blueforce gear skeletonized Redi-Mag. I found out the soft way that mag clamps were not the way to go for ME. During a dry run in the house, I went to change mags...BOTH hit the floor. If I use my carbine for home protection, I won't have time to get on my fancy smancy chest rig... or my 5.11 tactical pants...I'll grab my rifle/shotgun and the ammo that in it or on it. If I drop both mags...well you can do the math. In the middle of the night, you're about half sleep, you're still naked with a piss hard on, fine motor skills are way back at the range.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, that's a novel idea, BUT what happens when you ACTUALLY swap the mags? As you have your rifle shouldered, the mag on the right will be in front of the ejection port. If you look at most people's setup with mag clamps, the mags are offset, one higher than the other. Try it for yourself before you spend $40. I went with a Blueforce gear skeletonized Redi-Mag. I found out the soft way that mag clamps were not the way to go for ME. During a dry run in the house, I went to change mags...BOTH hit the floor. If I use my carbine for home protection, I won't have time to get on my fancy smancy chest rig... or my 5.11 tactical pants...I'll grab my rifle/shotgun and the ammo that in it or on it. If I drop both mags...well you can do the math. In the middle of the night, you're about half sleep, you're still naked with a piss hard on, fine motor skills are way back at the range.

That's a disturbing thought, but holds alot of truth. A burgular would ask himself; "Is this crazy bastard going to shoot me or rape me? Possibly shoot me then rape me afterwards."
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#12]
And that's what I want him/them to think....or maybe they will think that this crazy bastard will shoot me, then let his pit bulls rape me, then shoot me, then.... When it's YOUR ass on the line, you HAVE to become brutal. But not to hijack the subject...if you have your mags strapped together and you hit the mag release..and you have butter fingers, both mags are on the floor...somewhere. then in the dark(I hope you will the lights off) you have to pick them up reorient them (prayerfully the top round will still be seated perfectly in the mag) then reinsert the mag ...OR was THAT mag 'already' empty????? Tons of things to consider. Like I said earlier, it happened to me with empty mags, in MY pitch black house...and it was un nerving, that's why I went to the redi mag route. I stil have 2 metal mag clamps for sale..anyone interested?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I witnessed a few malf's due to mag clamps while in Iraq. I've seen the clamped mag get knocked around and block the ejection port a few times and have seen the spare mags feed lips get smacked pretty good also. Some guys tried tightening the clamps tight enough to keep the mags from sliding and actually caused some binding in the mag(probably nonapplicable to Pmags). I guess not all mag clamps are made the same but my expierience with them has not been good. The redimag seems like a nice solution to the problems I've seen but I've never used one. Most of the guys in my unit tossed the clamps and used a commercial buttstock pouch or modified molle pouch attached to the weapon.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top