Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 8:43:50 PM EDT
I recently took delivery on some of these HK mags, and they are first class.  Certainly a little pricey, but for the present going price of two Pmags, you could own one of these excellent magazines. The Pmags seem fine and reliable, but I would think any serious operator, or even the mag collector would not overlook a well made addtion to their stable of magazines.

Other than the price, or perhaps that they are GERMAN made, why no excitement for them?  Any problems that I am not aware of regarding function or reliability?  FYI I have been using the HK mags in a Colt LE6920HB.

Regards,
OH58D
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Because they are expensive.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
$35 a pop, and the springs wear out relatively quickly casuing the bolt hold open to not operate proprely, plus the spring, follower, and floorplate are proprietary parts that HK will not sell separately.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I own ONE HK mag. I simply can't justify spending the cash when my cheaper USGI mags work just fine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a matter of too much, for too much.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Hefty magazines for a hefty price
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
$35 a pop, and the springs wear out relatively quickly casuing the bolt hold open to not operate proprely, plus the spring, follower, and floorplate are proprietary parts that HK will not sell separately.

Very good reason not to own a bunch. I have one for giggles, and will not be buying more.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#7]
If you require a steel Mag. why not get one of the best American Mfg. steel Mags. the Cammenga EasyMag.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:52:14 AM EDT
[#8]
HK mag springs suck...
the sucked in my USP mags
they suck in these "HK high reliability" mags

and HK won't sell replacement springs...

for $45 a piece, you can get three D&H mags with Magpul followers and ranger plates...

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:57:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you require a steel Mag. why not get one of the best American Mfg. steel Mags. the Cammenga EasyMag.

I prefer the CProducts mags.  

Shane
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I may be the only person - but I had some of these and they would not feed right in two Bushmasters - and I never had a single failure with these rifles with any other mags and yes I shot the rifles pretty often.

Quoted:
I recently took delivery on some of these HK mags, and they are first class.  Certainly a little pricey, but for the present going price of two Pmags, you could own one of these excellent magazines. The Pmags seem fine and reliable, but I would think any serious operator, or even the mag collector would not overlook a well made addtion to their stable of magazines.

Other than the price, or perhaps that they are GERMAN made, why no excitement for them?  Any problems that I am not aware of regarding function or reliability?  FYI I have been using the HK mags in a Colt LE6920HB.

Regards,
OH58D

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Simple.  PMag = much better for less $$$
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+1  I've had the chance to use and abuse two of these mags for many months of shooting and although they functioned great...the above says it all!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
HK.......  Because you suck, and we hate you  

Big +1
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I never understood the HK mag thing.  For the price of one, I was buying five D&H teflon coated USGI type.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
HK.......  Because you suck, and we hate you  

I wanted to be the first to say that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#17]
A friend of mine has some, and I saw him have a couple malfunctions  just after he got finished showing everyone how badass his HK mags were.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1  I've had the chance to use and abuse two of these mags for many months of shooting and although they functioned great...the above says it all!

+2
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I also have a 6920 and use the HK mags.  I bought all of mine delivered for $25 or so each (new, never buy used mags if you are betting your life on them).  I have had one that did not function well in my gun.  Like with any mags, the operator should function test his equipment.  

I've never had spring issues with HK stuff, but I rotate my mags every six weeks and have for years.  

Pmags are my second favorite.  Once they got the initial bugs out of the first generation (just like the HK mags) they work very well.  

HK has a really negative attitude towards civilian gun owners in the U.S.  I never have understood why that is, but they do.  They don't provide any customer support unless you are in law enforcement or the military, using the product for duty use.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top