Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2008 1:07:28 AM EDT
  anybody ever use this type of magazine.... looks solid enough and easy to load, but still asking coz' i've seen it at $20.00 \ mag. Is this a good price....

thanks for any feedbacks.......
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a Cammenga Distributor, and they are probably the most reliable, indestructible magazine you can purchase.

Check out this torture test:

Easymag Torture Test Video

As to the price, yeah that's a damn good price. It's WAY below MAP. Retail is $34.95

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a great video!!!   I have never tried these mags.   Loading mags the normal way never bothered me but I really like how easy these mags are to unload.
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
So what holds the front of the magazine in the upward / spring compressed position?

Is there some positive locking mechanical means of retaining the front of the mag in this closed position?  Or is it just friction?
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 4:52:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#6]
easy mag takes a little while to get used to.  it's not that easy to line up 5.56 rounds.  and even if u do u can only line about about 24 rnds in a 30 rnd magain.  the remainding 6-7 rounds u have to load it the old fashion way and the spring is stiff.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
once I figured out how to get it open, I had no problems loading mine from the front...
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 2:10:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I found them to be heavy, with sharp corners and no faster to load.  Not for me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 2:38:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Pass.
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is a pretty good instructional video of the easymag >>>LINK<<< This genius makes me laugh. He finally kind of figures it out in this video>>>LINK<<<
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
  anybody ever use this type of magazine.... looks solid enough and easy to load, but still asking coz' i've seen it at $20.00 \ mag. Is this a good price....

thanks for any feedbacks.......

You've seen the Cammenga EasyMags for $20?  I gotta say that seems extremely unlikely, although if correct, you'd be a fool not to buy every one they have in stock and resell for the still amazing price of $30 each.
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
  anybody ever use this type of magazine.... looks solid enough and easy to load, but still asking coz' i've seen it at $20.00 \ mag. Is this a good price....hanks

You've seen the Cammenga EasyMags for $20?  I gotta say that seems extremely unlikely, although if correct, you'd be a fool not to buy every one they have in stock and resell for the still amazing price of $30 each.

I just "love" how distrusting and downright rude this place can be.

Impact sells them for $20/each.  Didn't take me more than 5 minutes to find 'em...

I got one from them a couple of weeks ago.  It doesn't lock the slide back after the last round is fired, but other than that it's a good, solid mag.  However, considering the slide lock issue, I'm probably just going to pick up more standard mags and a LULA loader...

-- Sam
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

-- Sam

You really need thick skin in this place especially if you drink a different flavor Kool Aid than the grape that is served around here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought one of these mags just to try out. It has a lot of wow factor. I doubt I will be replacing my P mags or USGI's just yet. They are just an interesting oddity for me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#16]
After seeing them in action I might have to give them a try. They seem tuff and easy to use for the most part.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Easy Mag

I have plenty of C Products and D & L mags, but I just ordered a few Easy Mags to test. Thay are $20 at the link posted. Ordered on the phone and got free shipping.

Some have complained about Impact but I have vever had a problem.

Thanks to Yosemite Sam for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Easy Mag

I have plenty of C Products and D & L mags, but I just ordered a few Easy Mags to test. Thay are $20 at the link posted. Ordered on the phone and got free shipping.

Some have complained about Impact but I have vever had a problem.

Thanks to Yosemite Sam for the heads up.

I just got my second,these things are tough.
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#19]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
I got one from them a couple of weeks ago.  It doesn't lock the slide back after the last round is fired, but other than that it's a good, solid mag.  However, considering the slide lock issue, I'm probably just going to pick up more standard mags and a LULA loader...

-- Sam

Sam,  

We inspect each and every mag before it leaves our shop.  Sorry to hear about your problem - you shouldn't have to deal with any issues.  Please send the bad magazine back to me (ATTN: JOHN) and I will replace it.  Thank you.

-JC-

Just wanted to post a note and say John is a man of his word.  I got my replacement mag a week or so ago.  Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but that's some nice service.

Thank you John Cammenga!  +1

-- Sam
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Dam..that's the best torture test I have ever dreamed of seeing, you dam sure can't say those mags are not tough.
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm watching the torture test and the video is quite impressive but, in the part that the Cammenga Mag is on top of the USGI mag and the tester is dropping the sledgehammer on top of them...the USGI is empty. Wouldn't the Easy Mag get crushed if it were empty as well?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

–– Sam

You really need thick skin in this place especially if you drink a different flavor Kool Aid than the grape that is served around here.

Amen to that.

Link Posted: 1/1/2009 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Just received my first 2 easy mags. I haven't had a chance to try them yet but my first impression is the high quality of the mags are impressive.

I think it comes down to price on these. At the lower $20 range, regardless of the unique loading function they provide, the mag in itself is high grade stuff and worth it. Now at the $30 range, it becomes more of a question whether it is worth it. Either you buy one of these or a few of another good quality mag (ie. c-products) - it becomes harder to justify the cost for what you get unless money is not an issue.

It does take getting used to, even to open and close, but once you get the hang of it, the word "easy"  can be applied to it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2009 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a bunch of them and they work really good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2009 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#25]
These seem to be a very good answer to a question never asked.
Link Posted: 1/1/2009 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I have been thinking about getting one for range use only.  In a SHTF situation, I would not go to this magazine...however, in a situation where I had shot all of my ammo out of the magazines, and needed to reload a magazine, I may reach for the Easy Mag just to make it a little easier to load a magazine...

Or perhaps if I had lost use of one of my arms.  I would surely be able to find the benefit of using an Easy Mag...
Link Posted: 1/1/2009 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I've looked at them and they seem sturdy.  But all the standard AR mag types are super-simple just to thumb load in the first place.  When I'm in the mood for 'fancy' mags, I just get Lancers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 2:25:54 AM EDT
[#28]
i really don't think the lancer could be this tough....
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm a Cammenga Distributor, and they are probably the most reliable, indestructible magazine you can purchase.

Check out this torture test:

Easymag Torture Test Video

As to the price, yeah that's a damn good price. It's WAY below MAP. Retail is $34.95

PursuitSS

That is an impressive video...it shows the Cammenga's durability...but I don't like one aspect of that video.  I cannot fault them, as it is marketing genius...but near the end (I believe) they smash an EMPTY USGI magazine with a FULL Cammenga magazine using a sledgehammer.  

I feel that if you had a full USGI magazine, and an empty Cammenga magazine, you could have similar results.

Link Posted: 1/7/2009 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Definitely PMAGs are still #1 on my list, but this Easy Mag does come in second.  Here are the following reasons.

PMAG with the 5 round ProMag Magazine Loader, I'm able to easily drop in the rounds and load them in faster than I am with the Easy Mag.  With the Easy Mag I have to take more time to make sure the rounds go in correctly, in a zig zag formation, without the primer side of the bullet getting caught in the rear grove in the mag.  I don't know if you guys can make it more narrower back there, if so, then that probably will save a bit of time/issues.  Since that grove is back there, you can't just shake the mag to get it in a zig zag formation.  I found loading with the mag upright helps prevent the rounds getting caught during loading.

Easy Mag was very tight fit to get the 30th round in.  I guess that's understandable so you don't accidently overload the mag, but I usually end up not wanting to put in the last round.

Easy Mag is difficult to open and close.  I won't hold this against the Easy Mag since I'm sure if I used it more, it would become easier.  I have seen some good videos of a person openning and loading the mag, but my mag hasn't loosen up enough to do the one hand openning displayed in the video.

On the other hand if I didn't have the quick loader, then Easy Mag does come out on top since it sucks to load by hand.

I bought 2 of them to test and so far it's worked every time.  No issue with last round like another poster posted.  They fit in perfectly, rounds cycle perfectly, and seems durable/heavy due to the material and the architecture of the mag.

I would put it through some stress tests (my work place has a product safety group with a lot of stress testing equipment, we blow up electronic stuff there all the time) but I'm not about to waste my personal money on damaging my own mags.

For testing, they should do a truck run over test, but I think it would survive that.  Also they should do a 3' drop test on it's feed lips to see if it would still operate without needing to unbend the feed lips.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I handled my first one today and ordered several. In addition to all the things that have already been said, there was one other reason: they are made of steel and are solid as a rock. That may important 30 years from now because we may be buying some of the last 30 round magazines we will ever be allowed to buy. No one really knows how PMags will actually hold up (I have a bunch, so I REALLY hope they hold up well) and the alumiinum USGI types were basically designed to be disposable and are really pretty flimsy. It's the same reason I've been buying CP stainless steel 30 rounders when I find them even though I gave up on CP long ago. The SS ones are stout and I believe they will last. It's too bad they have that shiny teflon finish, but that's what rattle cans of Flat Black are for...
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Just got my shipment of Easymags today. $21 plus shipping each from Bud's. I'm impressed. Loading was not easy until I held the mag almost vertical and then everything falls into place. The shoulder on a 223 case holds the rounds from sliding out when you shake the ammo into place while loading. Very easy, just hold the mag more vertical then you think you should. Mine are easy enough to open and close. Hold your hand over the top if you load the mag less than full capacity as rounds will pop out the top when the spring slams the follower up when released. They are heavier than a GI mag but lighter than an AK mag (and much lighter when both are loaded) so that's a trade-off to gain the ruggedness. I'll have to run them through my M16 for a function test when the weather breaks. So far, I like. Matt Cammenga returned my email very quickly to inform me that the Easymag has a lifetime warranty. Another plus.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Never thought of shooting my mags with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#34]
.... What I want to see is a speed test... a race. Two people, with a similar level of experience, loading both types.... just to see how much faster it is. Then, have them switch magazines and do it again.

They look pretty darn durable... and I like a little variety.

I am a little more likely to buy one now, seeing how the locking mechanism works. (I previously thought it was just friction... and worried about it coming open during firing, or eventually wearing down and not holding open. I am much more confident now.)

The style of loading looks funky to me, though. It looks very involved... lining up the cartridges, and such. USGI, even if it takes longer, it is a repetitive, non-thinking motion where you can be allocating your attention to something else while loading.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
.... What I want to see is a speed test... a race. Two people, with a similar level of experience, loading both types.... just to see how much faster it is. Then, have them switch magazines and do it again.

They look pretty darn durable... and I like a little variety.

I am a little more likely to buy one now, seeing how the locking mechanism works. (I previously thought it was just friction... and worried about it coming open during firing, or eventually wearing down and not holding open. I am much more confident now.)

The style of loading looks funky to me, though. It looks very involved... lining up the cartridges, and such. USGI, even if it takes longer, it is a repetitive, non-thinking motion where you can be allocating your attention to something else while loading.

Practice and it becomes easier.  It's a good design. It feels sturdy.  If I were in the field and don't have a quick loader I would love these.  Personally I like PMAGs better, but if I had to hand load each one.. I'll move to this mag.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:The style of loading looks funky to me, though. It looks very involved... lining up the cartridges, and such. USGI, even if it takes longer, it is a repetitive, non-thinking motion where you can be allocating your attention to something else while loading.

You can load these mags any way you want so that's not an issue. What is the issue is they are much more rugged than GI mags. You get the hang of loading these once you figure out that you need to hold them more vertical than you first think you should. When our new Pres. signs the new high cap mag ban, you might want mags as tough as these in your pouch. GI mags are going for $20 around here, Easymags are $21 at Bud's. I like them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top