Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 2:57:53 AM EDT
I have some new gray, Magpul Gen II followers coming from John at Tactical Solutions(NWTactical.net).  My question is I heard that you can make a few alteration and adjustments to these followers to make them work in standard 20 rd mags.  Most will be used in my 30 rd mags and a few 20 rd curved, but was looking for description on how to make them work in the standard 20's if anyone knows how its done.

Thanks in advance for any information.

PS: John's prices for these Magpul's are the best I have found.  3-packs for $6.75 and free shipping on anything over $20 and very quick service.  Ordered yesterday evening and rec'd email from late last night that order will be shipping today.

Regards,
Steve-Indy
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]
While all my recently purchased 30 rnd. mags have the Magpul Gen IIs in them I would never waste my time attempting to install them in old "alloy" follower USGI 20 rnd. mags as they are 100% reliable as is... YMMV.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I thing you just need to shave off a little bit of the legs for the 20's.  I put one in my curved twenty and it holds 22 rounds, go figure
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I am interested in this too.

I have a Hartford, Ct Manufactured 20 rounder with a very shallow black plastic follower and would like to upgrade.

Any suggestions?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top