Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 9:37:50 AM EDT
Got the magazine I ordered today. Will be making that "magazines" at a later time. Just a few points:

No FTC when firing slowly, or dumping the mag. Bolt open on last round, cycles fine.

Mar Lube is NICE! Gives a good positive grip. Also, seems to hold up well (longer testing on this).

As mentioned by others, the magazine is light. I've held a H&K for comparison, and you can easily tell the difference.

I decided (very unscientifically) to fling it about loaded and unloaded onto dirt, grass, gravel, and concrete. Aside from a few scratches and dings, no problems. Nada.

A Lula loader WILL work without problems.

You can load 31 rounds. Will even cycle properly, but I'll just keep it at 30 myself.

The follower is grey, not green as said earlier. And of (obvious) Magpul design.
----
In conclusion, CP seems to have put out a great product. Kudos!

Also, I'd like to thank them for quick service. I had an accidental second charge for shipping, and they cleared it up within the same day.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm waiting on UPS or DHL with baited breath.  Just can't wait!!!

TS
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I will do a review also as soon as mine arive.

Now I need to hunt down that digital camera.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Fit: perfect, drop free: perfect, feeding both slow riding the charging handle forward and normal dropping the bolt: perfect, bolt hold open: perfect.
But...
I did some work with the mags tonight and noticed that all 5 of my mags had very sharp edges along the weld line (which I first noticed when that edge sliced my finger!). Also, all of them had burrs that would cut you if you were not careful. I presume that the metal when sheared during forming left a razor edge along the front and rear edges and at each weld spot there was a flashing thrown out from under the seam between the top and bottom halves in the weld area. These little burrs would catch the cloth I was using to wipe them down with then stick up like little ice picks waiting to get you good the next time you ran your hand down them, that is if the knife edge along the mag seam did not get you first. A little work with some 220 grit wet/dry got rid of the knife edge and the little shards at the welds could be raised with a small knife blade then broken off and dressed with the paper. However, that dressing also removed the finish from the mags in those areas, not that finish is that big a deal.
The mags other than this seem very nice but I still have not live fired them yet which I expect no further problems. Fit and feed with dummies is fine. However, this knife edge and weld burrs is something that caused a little cussing and blood shed and is not something I have encountered with aluminum mags or the PRI/DPMS steel mags.
Has anyone else noticed this knife edge and burrs on their mags?

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:16:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the offer but I have already taken care of the problem.  I used 220 grit wet-dry to take the razor edge off the front and rear of the mag bodies along the seam and the little burrs that were sticking out between the halves of the mag at the spot welds I just broke them off and buffed them with the 150/400.  There is really no evidence of anything wrong now except for the finish that is buffed off, and the finish is going to wear unless one never uses the mags anyway.
Murphy is my best friend, albeit unwanted, so the fact that I likely may have received the only mags with this problem would not come as a big surprise.  The fact that you offer to replace them goes a long way in my book.  I will not be sending them back, no need to, and it does indeed look like what I got is an isolated lot of mags that missed the deburring since nobody else has replied with the same problem.  So, all's well that ends and I will be ordering the 6.8 mags very soon.  If those have the same problem I will take pictures and take up the issue with you then but since my problem has been "fixed" there is really nothing for C Products to do now.  But thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I just did a range test of my CP SS 30rd mags.  I used Wolf M193 ammo for the test.  Thirty rounds rapid fire through my 16" POF GTC dropped first mag after emptying it.  I pushed another one in, hit the bolt release and fired another thirty founds rapid fire.  ZERO (0) problems.  I couldn't tell that I had dropped the mags on the hard rock surface.  The finish held up great and not a single hiccup out of any of the rounds I fired subsequent to those first rapid fire mags either.  The stainless mags are going to now be my primary mags.  I will not buy anymore aluminum mags after this experience with the C Products Stainless Steel mags.  They are much lighter than the HK mags at about half the price.  Thumbs up to Larry and C Products for these excellent mags.    

TS

ETA: No sharp edges on my mags.  Smooth as a baby's bottom.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Aint that Wolf Great M193 Clean and ACCURATE as Heck!  Ive shot a bunch of it without any trouble!

Might have to try out theCP  SS Mags     Lighter than HK? cool

A bet my D&H are Sharper Big Bore
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Aint that Wolf Great M193 Clean and ACCURATE as Heck!  Ive shot a bunch of it without any trouble!

Might have to try out theCP  SS Mags     Lighter than HK? cool

A bet my D&H are Sharper Big Bore

The Wolf M193 is good ammo and I can't say enough about the C Products stainless mags. Definitely lighter than the HK mags.  They should be standard issue for the troops!

TS
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top