Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 11:29:34 PM EDT
Saw an ad for some K industries mags for sale. Saw a reference in Troy's tacked mag FAQ that they are actually Okay mags just maybe a different name or stamped logo or something [/red] but just wondered if anybody had any info about when they were manufactured and quality etc. Searched around a bit more here and elsewhere and didn't come up with anything else. Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking to call these "K industries"?

If so, it's OKAY to buy Okay mags!

From Troy.

3. USGI aluminum mags (with Mil-Spec molybdenum dry-film lubricant "finish")

Brands:
- Universal Industries/Okay Industries/Colt/NHMTG (same company)
- Adventureline/Parsons/Center Industries (same company)
- La Belle/General Stamping/D&H (same company)
- Sanchez
- FN
- Cooper (some are fine, but many Coopers are out-of-spec and should be avoided
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are you looking to call these "K industries"?

If so, it's OKAY to buy Okay mags!

I'm not calling them "K Industries" . That's the way the guy has them listed in his for sale ad. I emailed him with some questions about any date stamps, LEO marks, follower color, etc. and asked for some pics.

I was just curious why he would call them "K Industries" unless maybe they are older Okay mags with just a single K with a circle around it or something instead of the KAY with a circle around it like in the picture above. Just wondering if anybody around here had seen such a thing.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Then he doesn't know what he has and what to call them.

They are www.okayind.com/ and they are good.

No such thing as "K industries"
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Then he doesn't know what he has and what to call them.

They are www.okayind.com/ and they are good.

No such thing as "K industries"

Got an email back with a picture, they are Okay mags. Some chick selling 12 of them seperatly on Egay, 5 Green followers, 7 black followers (black followers are from the 70's and 80's, correct ?). Anyway here are the pics and the auction address for one of them below. Hell if they could be had for $4-$6 each it might not be a bad deal. Surprised Ebay hasn't removed it yet though. I probably won't mess with them, I was just curious about that whole "K Industries" thing in the description. Thanks for the info Spooge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AR15-M16-223-MAGAZINE_W0QQitemZ7229625339QQcategoryZ64635QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top