Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:48:52 AM EDT
Alot of members are posting about problems with the new D&H mags- where were these mags bought at?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if I agree with the statement that alot of people are posting problems with D&H mags. Alot of people are reading threads in regards to a small fold at the top of the mag that some people have interpreted as a crack. I have not read many threads about people talking about some mass failure on the part of D&H mags. I use numerous Teflon 30 rd mags from D&H that I have purchased through DSG Arms & Talon Arms. These mags work great and I have yet to have any feed problems or otherwise. Instead of feeding the reading frenzy with more rumors I would rather read about the magazine failures and post pictures. These magazines are very reliable to say the least. I would say if members have negative things to say back it up with proof and pictures not "I heard from a friend" or "I read somewhere else".
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that a lot of members really have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and just post on the internet to act like they do or just need attention.  Ignorance and paranoia over manufacturing processes resulting in a cometic feature unrelated to the proper function of a magazine. Unsubstantiated claims of "out of spec" and "junk" without even testing the mags in a working firearm.  Half the guys claiming "cracked " mags probably needed to read the manual to figure out where to insert the magazine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Do a search for D&H mags. There is a lot of good stuff being said about these mags. I have about fifteen of them and I haven't had any problems yet. I also was one inquiring about the alleged crack, but it turns out it isn't a crack so no worries here. I don't need to be told where to insert the magazine either.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought 20 black teflon mags a few weeks ago and have only had 4 to the range but they have had about 300 rounds through my 14.5 with perm ak break bushmaster and they functioned perfectly.  I do see what people are talking aboout though:  If you compair these mags with some usgi mags there is a difference on the left side that causes the scrape on the brass.  

I compaired a few usgi mags and there are variations in this area from mag to mag.   I cannot say that one manufacturer is more likley than the other to look like the DH because I do not know if the floor plates could have been mixed up at one time or another.  I think OK mags have the greatest difference in this area when compaired to DH.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm happy with mine; have something like 30 of them.  I never even noticed the little wrinkles on the back ends of the feed lips...........presbyopia, I suppose.  

The seams around the welds are not as tight as on my OKs.  The magazine COL seems a smidge less than others.  But all mine have run 100% in 16s - they're high capacity feeding devices, not aluminum sculptures.  

I guess I'm in the minority that actually like the teflon finish, too.

Sam
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm not sure if I agree with the statement that alot of people are posting problems with D&H mags. Alot of people are reading threads in regards to a small fold at the top of the mag that some people have interpreted as a crack. I have not read many threads about people talking about some mass failure on the part of D&H mags. I use numerous Teflon 30 rd mags from D&H that I have purchased through DSG Arms & Talon Arms. These mags work great and I have yet to have any feed problems or otherwise. Instead of feeding the reading frenzy with more rumors I would rather read about the magazine failures and post pictures. These magazines are very reliable to say the least. I would say if members have negative things to say back it up with proof and pictures not "I heard from a friend" or "I read somewhere else".

There's 2 threads that I know of. Mine, which concerns actual fail to feed issues, and which a significant number of people seem to have also: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=273312

And then there is this one concerning the "folds", which turned out to be a non-major issue. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=273743

I've kept a tentative track of the number of mags people said are affected with FTF issues. I counted 138, with another member Private mailing me concerning the 80 bad mags he had. 218 mags then. It doesn't seem like a high number, and compared to tens of thousands of mags sold it isn't, but when they're a) your mags, and b) they shouldn't be leaving the factory...people get irritated, and rightly so, IMHO.

My 50 bad mags were bought from 44mag in 2 different orders (Late December, and mid-Feb).
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think that a lot of members really have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and just post on the internet to act like they do or just need attention.  Ignorance and paranoia over manufacturing processes resulting in a cometic feature unrelated to the proper function of a magazine. Unsubstantiated claims of "out of spec" and "junk" without even testing the mags in a working firearm.  Half the guys claiming "cracked " mags probably needed to read the manual to figure out where to insert the magazine.

I'm one of the ones that is having issues with these damn mags, read the damn posts, and no, I'm not an attention whore.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought all my black D&H's at 44Mag.com and haven't had any problems with them at all. It's the C Product mags that I bought from him that are/were junk. Half of them didn't want to fit in my lower (had to be forced in/out) the others had such bad welds inside that the followers kept sticking. Glad I didn't just grab 'em and go on duty with them! I guess that's off-topic. So, the ones at 44Mag seem to be good to go....

HTH,
Mike
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm one of the ones that is having issues with these damn mags, read the damn posts, and no, I'm not an attention whore.

If you are having "REAL" non cosmetic problems with the mags that do not relate to a crappy firearm, then YES you have mags that need addressed.  IF YOU WOULD READ MY DAMN POST, I was speaking of the people that were ready to send in their "out of spec"   mags because they "read on the internet" that the "crack " which was actually a crease related to the manufacture of the product and has absolutely nothing to do with function, rendered their mags junk WITHOUT even testing the things in their firearm.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are having "REAL" non cosmetic problems with the mags that do not relate to a crappy firearm, then YES you have mags that need addressed.  IF YOU WOULD READ MY DAMN POST, I was speaking of the people that were ready to send in their "out of spec"   mags because they "read on the internet" that the "crack " which was actually a crease related to the manufacture of the product and has absolutely nothing to do with function, rendered their mags junk WITHOUT even testing the things in their firearm.

Well that clears things up, didn't read that part in your first post.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Well that clears things up, didn't read that part in your first post.

No problem. Hopefully you guys with real problems get handled and get quality mags that you were supposed to.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mike,
If you had a problem with any of my product why did you wait until now to speak up? Its not like we have not been extremely visible. Send the mags back and we will replace them at no charge. Do not put my company into the D&H problem. Hit and run posts like yours stink.

Larry
C Products

One of the good guys here.

+1
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mike,
If you had a problem with any of my product why did you wait until now to speak up? Its not like we have not been extremely visible. Send the mags back and we will replace them at no charge. Do not put my company into the D&H problem. Hit and run posts like yours stink.

Larry
C Products

One of the good guys here.

+1

+2

TS
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought 8 20 rounders Black with green followers! I like my OLD Colts ALOT better!
However all mags I tested out shot just fine!  They Do rattle when loaded and the Follower is easy to tilt, but can be fixed with magpul!

For the cheap price its hard to beat Unless you can Find OLD COLTS with METAL FOLLWERS for same price?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Larry,
I apologize if I offended you. I have mentioned this problem in the past but in the Hometown forum, I believe. I had no idea that you or anyone from your company were on the boards (first trip to the mag board), thus how could I know who to contact? I had never even HEARD of your company until the mags showed up. When I first started in law enforcement, there were only 3 or 4 respected companies (in our circle). If I missed yours then (15yrs ago), I'm sorry. I just recently moved to a smaller dept. where I have to provide my own weapon. So I bought my first AR in 11yrs. Having dug out my old duty mags, I saw that many of them had been damaged or were worn out, thus the order for new mags.

I truly would like to see what you have to offer as the ones that I have sound like they don't live up to your reputation. Please e-mail or PM me with your contact info.

Take Care,
Mike
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:17:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top