Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 1:39:36 PM EDT
I have 4- brand new 30rd.  .223/5.56 magazines that are unmarked and I have no idea whether or not to keep them or try to sell them or just toss them.  They are a bit heavier than USGI mags (possibly made out of steel) and have a plain black finish.  The floor plates are plain black w/ no markings.  They came with fake green followers (green in color, but lacking the anti-tilt parts) and have functioned 100% so far.  I have loaded them by hand and with strippers and fired all 4 at least twice and have had no problems.  I tend to stick just with USGI mags to avoid this kind of situation, but I got these REALLY CHEAP, which also made me kind of leary.  Anyone ever seen these before or have any suggestions?  I was going to sell them and get a couple more USGI's but I thought since they functioned well, I'd check into them a little more first.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
You've got these cheap mags that work 100%, what's the problem?

When and if you get trouble with the mags, that's when I'd throw them if I was you.
You've got the perfect mags, doesn't matter what they're made of or who's made them. Just enjoy them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are uncomfortable with them in regards to them not being reliable, you have already said that they were 100%.  However, if you are still leery, then mark them for range duty and keep your USGI in reserve for when you really do need a mag you can trust.  Will save wear and tear on your good mags, and provide you with a mag you can beat up at the range,
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I use presentation chart magnets.

How about those Taiwanese mags?

AND I AM WAITING FOR THE SS AR MAGS!!

H
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, magnets do stick to them.  What difference does that make?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Aluminium is non magnetic - so you have steel mags

aftermarket = crap

Taiwanese

British

Singapore ( "English" )

H & K

Sterling???
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Best I could do is post a pic but that wouldn't do any good.  They are identical to USGI mags in every way except the color (plain black) and there are no markings period.  And of course, they are steel instead of aluminum.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top