Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 12:17:37 PM EDT
I think the ones to stock up on right now are the G-3 Mags for about $3, the FAL magazines that will start to dry up and the recent release of the Taiwan M-14 magazines.

I am buying up all of these magazines right now because I don't think they will get cheaper.

Any other good deals people are seeing? I can't decide if AR magazines will go up or down.

And another good deal is CDNN giving away free Clinton 10-rounders when you buy a hi-cap HK USP magazine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think the ones to stock up on right now are the G-3 Mags for about $3, the FAL magazines that will start to dry up and the recent release of the Taiwan M-14 magazines.

I am buying up all of these magazines right now because I don't think they will get cheaper.

Any other good deals people are seeing? I can't decide if AR magazines will go up or down.

And another good deal is CDNN giving away free Clinton 10-rounders when you buy a hi-cap HK USP magazine.

I think the AR15 magazines are going to go even lower within the next 6-12 months given that there is no ban put into effect. Everyone within the last year has been going crazy purchasing all the 30 rounders they could because they were deprived for 10 years and the manufacturers have had a hard time keeping up with production and demand since the expiration of the assault ban. Now that the ban has expired and things stabalize within the ar15 rifle community as a whole, and the manufacturing community starts to observe a surplus prices will drop. Good old supply and demand. That's my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I just saw a special at Model1sales.com for G.I.mags in bulk... $10.50 ea if you order over 100 of them.

Would be great for a club group buy.... 11 people ordering 10 mags (or more) each.

I don't know how well it would work for people not living in the same area, cause you'd pay shipping for the lot then shipping again to the individuals.

No Expert
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:00:44 AM EDT
[#3]
check the equipment exchange here.

there are some really great deals going on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#4]
And I love the Glock mags for $18. I don't think they will go down much more.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
$11.00 each, for a case of 100 Teflon D&H 30 rounders with Green Followers is pretty sweet. I can't believe that this price will ever be beat.

Guys who are paying >$10.00 for USGI with the Dry Film finish are getting ripped off IMHO. For an extra $1.00 you get all the benefits of teflon.

Tack
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
IMO the D&H teflon mags with a Magpul follower and ranger plate are the ultimate AR mag. Maybe a Wolff spring too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

recent funshow they were going for $16
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Colt 30 rounders from SAW is the best price I've seen on Colt Magazines
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
DSG has the D&H 20's for $11.50 each. I just got some and Magpul followers. Best deal on 20's out there as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
$11.00 each, for a case of 100 Teflon D&H 30 rounders with Green Followers is pretty sweet. I can't believe that this price will ever be beat.

Guys who are paying >$10.00 for USGI with the Dry Film finish are getting ripped off IMHO. For an extra $1.00 you get all the benefits of teflon.

Tack

I don't buy that. I haven't had any problems with my dry-film coated ones, and the teflon ones I've bought recently are fine as well.

The teflon coated mags are just a recent fad that has exploded since the AWB died.

There's nothing wrong with the dry-film mags, and if you know where I can get a couple for $10 or less NEW, let me know.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

$15.95
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tack

I don't buy that. I haven't had any problems with my dry-film coated ones, and the teflon ones I've bought recently are fine as well.

The teflon coated mags are just a recent fad that has exploded since the AWB died.

There's nothing wrong with the dry-film mags, and if you know where I can get a couple for $10 or less NEW, let me know.
WIZZO

what?  they have been made for over 10 years and the teflons were highly desired even during the AWB.

oh and +1 on the blue part, I will buy as many dry film mags that I can afford at $10 a piece.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tack

WIZZO

what?  they have been made for over 10 years and the teflons were highly desired even during the AWB.

oh and +1 on the blue part, I will buy as many dry film mags that I can afford at $10 a piece.

I was inferring that they have exploded since the AWB, mainly because they work well and continue to look good for quite some time. Simply put, they weren't in great supply before the AWB died because we couldn't have them over 10rds. I realize that they were made during the AWB as that is what came with my brother's Bushy. Too bad it's a 10rder.

IIRC, DPMS and Bushy had some teflon coated mags before the AWB took affect, but they were rare.

Granted, I like the Teflons, but I'm not buying anything exclusively yet. The NHMTG 30rders have been great to me, and out of the 8 teflon 30rders I've bought in the last month, 1 has given me fits with one of my rifles. I'll still buy more in the future, but I'm looking for deals right now, not one finish over another.

All my opinion of course.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$15.95

Cool, do I hear $10?

And I want $100 Betas too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$15.95

Also, at least 2 dealers are selling them for $16.25 in the EE, $25 for the G18 33rnd mags.  Stock up now or never.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I picked up some Center's yesterday(Sunday) at a gunshow for $5/apiece. They are pretty good shape, finish is slightly worn. Black followers, bodies marked 04/92. It was at a table with a giant "lets make a deal" sign on it. They had em for $10 ea. or 10/$100 but took $5 for em. They had some British steel mags here locally for $10ea., did not last long I bought several they only had probably 14 or so in a small wooden box. There was a another fellow there yesterday with straight 20 rnder Colts for $10 also, finish was gone, but appeared they would function just fine.

Other than normal people asking $20, $25 and $30 for 30 rnders, granted they were sealed in bags.

ETA: The 30 round steel mags from Taiwan are pretty good also, and are usually $10-$12. I put some green followers in mine are they so far have run flawlessly.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top