Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:56:09 AM EDT
What are good sources for the MAgs, I keep hearing around $47-54 ? Good deal
? Thoughts please ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I love them. i have over a dz of them now and have sent a total of 10 to my partner in the sandbox. he says  they are unbeatable.

troy industries  just orderd 24 of them   from a friend of mine. as well  iam seeing about 45 bucks for them
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a hard time finding them, but I did HK M4 Mags they are about $10 more then some of the cheaper guys but they do have them in stock.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The HK mags are far superior to anything else I've ever used in an AR. I'll be looking for some more also.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a pair of them. They are certainly fine mags, but no way in hell are they worth 3-4 USGI mags.

Buy one or two so you can play with them and get it out of your system, but USGI mags are performing splendidly 'over there' right now, so spend the rest of your mag money on some of the great USGI deals that are going on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I never had any problems with the seven USGI mags I carried over in Iraq, no way are any mags worth $50, unless the follower was made out of solid gold.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't see the common sense to spend $55.00 plus shipping on the mags.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Did they fix the rusting problem?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Did they fix the rusting problem?

I have heard the marine versions are more rust resistant, but any steel mag that gets abused and dinged will eventually rust.  I just don't see how you can get around that fact.  Why can't somebody incorporate all the good things of an HK mag design into an aluminum body????
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]

From my experience, the "maritime" finish corrodes as bad & ugly as the regular finish.
...look on the horizon a better mag.....it's ol' USGI with a facelift.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Stokes has them listed on the EE for as low as $40.00 shiped. best price i have seen so far!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Stokes has them listed on the EE for as low as $40.00 shiped. best price i have seen so far!

Which Mod/Rev????  Linky????

Linky
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the idea, but I don't  know about the price, especially since I haven't had many problems at all with the Center's, Adventureline, Sanchez, Okay, NHMTG, D&H, and, Parsons mags I have.

If I could get them for, say, $5 more than USGI, I might consider getting a few, but not until then.

Just my opinion and I realize some people might not like the idea of people bashing a 30rd mag they just payed $45 for.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Mongo001
thanks for adding the link. i am new and dont know how to add links to my posts yet. i just bought ten of them from Stokes and cant wait for them to come in. i did play with some at the local fun show before buying and i could not believe how smooth they were, i knew i had to have some. i know some might say that even at $40 they are too much but good G.I. mags for my M1A and my SR-25 Mark 11 Mod 0 cost at least as much if not alot more so i dont mind i am used to it.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top