Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:20:48 PM EDT
I picked up two mags today, appear to be brand new, but are out of the package.
The question I have is the mags are marked on the side with the catch "COLT'S MFG. HARTFORD, CT. Yet they have OKAY floorplates. They are also marked restricted, with a 3-98 date stamp. Is this normal (as I'm not familiar with the ins & outs of the world of mags), or is it something that was peiced together ; i.e.  mag body A + follower/floor plate B ?

Thanks guys!
Bill
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay now NHMTG make Colt mags. It is unusual for them to have Colt on the body and Okay floorplates though. Colt mags usually have the Pony on the floorplate and don't say Colt on the body.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I thought, so it struck me as kinda odd for them to be that way......if they weren't new, I wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought. Strange.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 mags just as you describe.

I bought them at a gunshow from M&A Parts a couple months before the ban ended. They say Colt up by the mag catch hole, but Okay on the floorplate. The funny thing is, they have some......divots where your normal LEO markings would be

M&A parts was simply passing off LEO mags as preban which kinda makes me wonder about how they run their business

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Okay Industries, a USGI mag contractor, has made Colt's mags since the early 80s (or maybe late 70s), and recently began selling them under the NHMTG label, which they won't admit to, even though their markings are right there on the mag for anyone to see.

-Troy

And even with that, people will pay a premium for a mag with a Colt floorplate.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Okay Industries, a USGI mag contractor, has made Colt's mags since the early 80s (or maybe late 70s), and recently began selling them under the NHMTG label, which they won't admit to, even though their markings are right there on the mag for anyone to see.

-Troy

I pay $12.50 for Colt Magazines, and that seems fair to me
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

Isn't it you that also gets surplus ammo at $100 per thousand.  If so, you obviously have some kind of inside hookup.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

Isn't it you that also gets surplus ammo at $100 per thousand.  If so, you obviously have some kind of inside hookup.

Check your IM
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

Check your IM

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

Check your IM

I want an IM

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#11]
oh and I got a bunch of Colt mags, starting at $20..  The floorplate adds at least a $10 premium.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]
These were FREE...........

Thanks for the help guys, it is appreciated.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top