Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2005 6:25:01 PM EDT
I know there are curved ones, but they look like crap, does any one make the straight bodied 20 rounders with a teflon finish?
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think these are teflon coated, but they are new production straight 20 rounders:

www.cmmginc.com

Mil Spec 20 Round AR15/M16 Magazine

Brand new 20 round mil spec magazines made by NHMTG (Okay Industries). No sales where restricted. These magazines do have Law Enforcement Only markings on them, but due to the Assault Weapon Ban expiring, these markings are no longer valid.

Price: $17.95 each

FWIW, I haven't seen anything other than the curved 20's that have the teflon finish. But they may exist for all I know.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish someone was.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I've seen, it would appear that D&H/LeBelle is the only outfit that makes teflon coated mags, and I don't think they make straight 20's.  Get some Okay straight 20's and moly resin them I guess.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I asked the exact same thing a couple months ago, and the bottom line is that no one makes them in teflon.  It would be nice if they did.

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Teflon coating is over rated anyway.  Why would you care if your mags get scratched up - they're made out of aluminum anyway.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I really don't care about the finish, the Teflon just seem to hold up much better. I guess that I'll stick with the Dry film...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Who cares what the hell they look like? Do you really think some chick at the range or in the woods is going to do you because you're frigin mag is straight versus curved?
Sorry, just had to vent - thanks for your time
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
thought the teflon also aided in smooth operations?
but yeah if i can get it with for about the same price i do.

and with the curved and straight mag bodies the straight ones just look better imo.

but both work and do what they are designed to do so i dont really care either.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top