Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2005 6:25:03 AM EDT
I have mags from different manufactures...but only Center Industries fits tight on my colt lower. what can I do?

thanks,
Frens
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe you can get a C clamp and put a little tension on the mag.  Pinch it if you will and leave it sit over night.

Troy should be along shortly to give you the exact details.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks M4arc, I'll wait for Troy's exact details.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
thanks M4arc, I'll wait for Troy's exact details.

Might be best to IM him or email him directly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#4]
IM sent
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Could somone post the full reply here? I'm interested as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:50:26 AM EDT
[#6]
this is the reply I recived from Troy

Yes, you can use a clamp, vice, or even channel lock pliers to squeeze the mag body a bit. Usually the problem is at the top rear, where the mag is weakened by the bolt stop slot. Find out where it is too wide and clamp there. Pad the mag with something so you don't mark it up.

-Troy

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
this is the reply I recived from Troy

Yes, you can use a clamp, vice, or even channel lock pliers to squeeze the mag body a bit. Usually the problem is at the top rear, where the mag is weakened by the bolt stop slot. Find out where it is too wide and clamp there. Pad the mag with something so you don't mark it up.

-Troy

Troy knows all
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top