Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 7:32:54 AM EDT
I remember seeing a couple pics here a ways back of guys using translucent plastic magazines in their ARs.  I would like to get a couple of them for a project I'm working on, so if anyone has more info on them (manufacturer? availabiliy?  cost?) I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Will
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on how transparent they were, you probably saw Eagle mags.  I bought a few of them as novelties a long time ago and they work very well, but as range mags only.  The plastic is rather brittle and could crack if abused.

It's been a while since I've seen them for sale.  Few people want Eagle mags since GI mags are so cheap and are so much more durable.

Ram-Lines are semi-transparent, but stay FAR, FAR, AWAY from them.  They are BY FAR the WORST AR mags.  Yes, worse than Cooper.

EDITED TO ADD:
I just remembered that DPMS makes a transparent 10 round mag, but I don't know anything substantial about it.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top