Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2004 6:05:11 PM EDT
I am thinking of using green on my 30rnd mags, just to keep things differnt and well I think it looks cool, but I have not seen many.

So prove to me this looks good!
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a way to host pix, but have done some in camo.  After stripping off the old finish, I sprayed them with some OD (forgot what brand, just spray cans) as a base coat.  I cut out some random shapes in an old piece of file folder as a stencil, and sprayed on some gray, then after that dried, did the same with some flat black.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Just finished painting my second mag in Krolon Ultra Flat Olive Drab.  I will post some pics when I get them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's My pics I promised.

Mags from left to right:  H&K, Sanchez, Labelle

The Labelle was the last one that I did.  I put 3 coats on it, which was too many because it is a little tight in the mag well.  Otherwise, I think they look pretty good in the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Why people obsess on equipment appearance, I'll never understand.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I just comes from spending more time on the range than in the field.  I don't have a problem with that, though, as I like looking at the pretty pictures.

It's kinda like girls.  If you're smart, you'll look at "pretty" and marry "functional."  Of course, if you're lucky you can have both in one package which is fine so long as she can hold it together WTSHTF.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Hi-res pics can be found at www.sargenthome.com/allpics/hobbies/shooting/AR%2D15/GreenMag

I didn't do this, but somebody on the board offered it to see how well it matched green furniture.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:49:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just comes from spending more time on the range than in the field.  I don't have a problem with that, though, as I like looking at the pretty pictures.

It's kinda like girls.  If you're smart, you'll look at "pretty" and marry "functional."  Of course, if you're lucky you can have both in one package which is fine so long as she can hold it together WTSHTF.

Dig it.  It just seems like some guys do things to their guns so they can get attention at the range.  I guess it's like custom cars, though.  

LOOK AT ME SYNDROME, as one of my instructors calls it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hmmm, for me, its just the opposite. I prefer mine OD, etc, so as to not have a big BLACK (or symblance thereof) mag sticking out of the bottom of my rifle in the bush.

Ah, but you're doing it for exactly the opposite reason.

Quoted:
Dig it.  It just seems like some guys do things to their guns so they can get attention at the range.  I guess it's like custom cars, though.  

Yep, and that syndrome is patently unhealthy in a hot-zone.  You're much better off being infected with, "CAN'T SEE ME! SYNDROME" like Hawkeye up there.  There's a huge difference between spraying something to attract attention and spraying something to avoid attention.

Personally, I'd rather look like a dusty tree than a hollywood merc.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#10]

welp contrary to what some believe, I did this to my AR because I can and I wanted to, I didnt do it to have ppl look at it. This was a franken AR (the upper and lower were horribly mismatched finish) and I wanted to do an URBAN Camo theme and I left it up to the Company (SAS armory) to do what ever design they wanted. I use this AR for Tacticl/Defensive competitions. Its one of those , TOO EACH THEIR OWN.

Plus there is more to the pattern, Camoflauge is to hid something, it is also to break the outline of something up, this rifle from the distance is very hard to tell its an AR.

As some seem to think, this Rifle sees more FIELD time than it does Range time, this is by no means a safe queen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]
That's pretty cool, dude.

The camo really breaks up the lines.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#12]
d-t, all I can say to that is post more pics.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting you should post your rifle as i was trying to get them to do one similar after seeing the pics.

I emailed SAS armory maybe 8 times and never got a response.

I eventually gave up.

Great looking paint job.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I had this done last year, I havent talked to Steve at SAS Armory, but about 3-4 months ago, something happened and they said they werent doin multi color stuff anymore or temp. I dont know what is up. Steve is a super nice guy, we would always be willing to talk about whatever and was pretty gracious with pricing, etc. I really dont know what to tell ya other than keep tryin or maybe move one. BRASS on here (ARF) does some really good Camo stuff (I have only seen from Pics) I was goin to go with Laury Custom , but they want you to strip the rifle of EVERYTHING and they were goin to take too long and cost twice as much as Steve at SAS. oh well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#16]
anyone ever have them reanodized to diffrent colors?
Where did you have it done? (wife would like some red/pink ones to match her Cav Arm Rifles)
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm, for me, its just the opposite. I prefer mine OD, etc, so as to not have a big BLACK (or symblance thereof) mag sticking out of the bottom of my rifle in the bush.

img29.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Hawkeye1/Guns/camocarbine5.jpg

img29.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Hawkeye1/Guns/Carbon15.jpg

img29.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Hawkeye1/Guns/camoucr.jpg

Excellent Hawkeye!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I've a couple VERY SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION NAVY SEALS *gold* colored mags... Only $30!
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 6:49:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, but you're doing it for exactly the opposite reason.

Quoted:

Yep, and that syndrome is patently unhealthy in a hot-zone.  You're much better off being infected with, "CAN'T SEE ME! SYNDROME" like Hawkeye up there.  There's a huge difference between spraying something to attract attention and spraying something to avoid attention.

Personally, I'd rather look like a dusty tree than a hollywood merc.

So, if not having a camoed rifle is indicitive of "Look at Me" syndrome, what does that make of ETH and his Dewalt Special?  Personally, I want at least one rifle like his.  After all, as a civie, what are the chances of my going into "the bush" or a "hot zone", or a "hot bush"?  Hmmm, maybe I should rephrase that....
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've a couple VERY SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION NAVY SEALS *gold* colored mags... Only $30!

Do they have the "drain Holes" drilled in them too

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top