Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2003 5:03:25 PM EDT
Anyone have an idea what these will go for after the ban goes away?  

I bought an M16 and would like to get 9mm parts for it, but Colt mags are priced out of control right now.  I'm still thinking of trying the Colt system with the Sten mags, but I like the size of the Colts better.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt LEO 32rd 9MM magazines are in the $40-$50 range right now.

If Colt will sell these magazines to civilians after the ban sunsets then I expect about the same price.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Colt LEO 32rd 9MM magazines are in the $40-$50 range right now.

If Colt will sell these magazines to civilians after the ban sunsets then I expect about the same price.
View Quote

That's better than the $100-$125 per mag that I'm paying now. I will be mag whoring! [:D]

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It was almost impossible to get LEO mags a few years ago. The 635 was a real hog when it came to reliability, anyhow. You aren't missing much. We traded ours for M4s and don't regret it a bit.
View Quote

Granted the M4 is a better platform for killing the badguy, but the pepper-poppers at my local subgun match don't particularly care for .223, if you know what I mean.  Plus 9mm is so cheap and easy to suppress...

Mostly it would be for fun and letting newbies shoot my M16 without scaring them with all that wonderful muzzle flash and noise.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 1:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
For a team the 635 is not in the same class as the MP5. It simply takes too much time, effort and familiarity for the average Officer to master. I mean from a maintenance and diagnostic point of view.

It is afterall, an adaptation of another weapon.

However if you have the time, energy and desire to iron out the wrinkles the 635 can be very reliable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Not reliable?  Strange.  I've got just over 7000 rds through mine and have yet to have a single failure.  It's a Bushie lower dedicated to 9mm (pinned in blocks), Colt factory upper and Colt mags only.  Familiarity?  Are you saying the officers aren't familiar with the M-16?  Is the maintenance on an MP5 easier than the little Colt?  I'm not flaming in any way here so please don't take it that way, just curious as my time on the MP5 is minimal.  I think the AR seires has it all over the HK when it comes to ergonomics and speed of reloading, but the MP5 is unquestionably a smoother shooting smg.  From a hobbyist point of view I'll take the AR series every time, but I guess if you can just turn it in for a new one when it fails the HK's make sense.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top