Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 10:20:52 PM EDT
So what do you all think?  I'm looking at at ad for Betas for sale.  LEO = $219.  Preban = $799.  If the ban goes bye-bye are these LEO mags going to be made available to the public?

Here's a good question:  Are we all going to be able to buy NIW mags that say, "LEO/MILITARY USE ONLY" on them?

I'm sure these ??? have already been asked but I'm a bit behind on the times.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a good question: Are we all going to be able to buy NIW mags that say, "LEO/MILITARY USE ONLY" on them?
View Quote

I asked that question a while ago and never got a definitive answer.

Hopefully this time around someone will know [:)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
... I figure I can tool them for $288 if I can market them legally.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#3]
If the [i]high capacity feeding device[/i] prohibitation goes away the stamping on any high capacity magazine body will be moot.

I know of no one using one of these magazines in long term service who doesn't spend more time maintaining it than maintaining their rifle.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So what do you all think?  I'm looking at at ad for Betas for sale.  LEO = $219.  Preban = [s]$799[/s] [red]Nobody's paying that, more like $650 or lower[/red].  If the ban goes bye-bye are these LEO mags going to be made available to the public?

[red]See Below[/red]

Here's a good question:  Are we all going to be able to buy NIW mags that say, "LEO/MILITARY USE ONLY" on them? [red] What Chuck said, provided there's no special legislature pertaining to those items[/red]

I'm sure these ??? have already been asked but I'm a bit behind on the times.  Thank you.
View Quote

Don't get all excited about the BETA-C magazine. The Beta-C is a cheap plastic hunk that was constructed with the intent of being disposable in the field. It has a capacaty that barely exceeds 3 USGI magazines. With all this said why is the price so high?

The reason is that the difference between eras where the Beta C has been legal for public purchase and illegal are very similar in terms of supply. In other words: Beta C does not sell to the public at all. That was why Beta Cs started so high before the ban & This is why they're so ridiculously high currently. When the ban goes they will be cheaper, but they won't sell for what the damn thing is worth.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
-snip-
Here's a good question:  Are we all going to be able to buy NIW mags that say, "LEO/MILITARY USE ONLY" on them?

View Quote

Like Chuck said, after the ban sunsets, those words will have no legal meaning. You can walk into the local gun shop the next day and buy all the LEO only marked magazines your heart desires. That assumes, of course, that the current AWB hasn't been replaced with something even more restrictive... You have been calling and writing your representatives haven't you?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top