Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 7:46:10 PM EDT
this has always been a mystery to me, where do these LARGE QUANTITY mag sellers get their pre-ban 20 round mags ??  MilSurp...?? if so, where ?? How ??
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Same place the little guy gets them, Lauer..[;)]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:37:19 AM EDT
[#3]
you are correct !! no dealer of mags is going to divulge that info, but i thought maybe someone here might have a clue...., i read an article several months ago, where there are hundreds of these mags being taken from military bases, Camp Pendelton for instance & sold on the open market.

when i see brand new boxes of 7 of the early Air Force contract mags for sale, the first thing i think of is "stolen Gov't. property"...!!

i have contacted several "Gov't. Surplus" buyers & they haven't a clue, so where are they coming from......?????
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#4]
"stolen Gov't. property"...!!

SHHHHH!! :D

Not to mention unmarked mags from Europe
[Rolleyes]
Dont ask Dont tell.....

Everytime someone ask the ATF a question they always make a new law. I had a question about belt feds and people on another board begged me not to write the ATF. As gun owners I dont think we should help the ATF take more stuff from us but breaking the law isnt a good idea either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The AR God !
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
"Where Do They Get Those Mags. ???????"

[b]DUH![/b] The mag fairy of course. [:D]

Psst...His name is TROY..........[;D]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#7]
In the Goverment we have things that are expendable. In other words no one is really keeping track of these things closely. No serial number or accountability-means expendable-like underwear. I can only get a new pair of boots every year,but they don't want the old ones...so go figure. It's too easy for some dishonest servicemember to get away with something of this nature. Some may be bought legitimately through DRMO (usually the beat up ones) or some poor E-1 supply troop looking to feed his kids. So use your imagination,some choose to look the other way. Anyone remember the days that a new 30 rounder cost only $6.95 from Bushmaster no less? Ahhh,the memories.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

[b]DUH![/b] The mag fairy of course. [:D]

View Quote

I think it's officially the "Mag Fag".
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh how I wish I would have bought more of the 20's when Botach had them.  Perfect mags and a Cheap price.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it's officially the "Mag Fag".

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#11]
"mag fairy", i like that..!! "Mag Fag", is cute too.., but in reality, my bet goes with someone who has been watching all the naughty & the nice !! & he lives near the North Pole [:D]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In the Goverment we have things that are expendable. In other words no one is really keeping track of these things closely. No serial number or accountability-means expendable
View Quote

When we were underway in the Navy, on board  the ship, we would  just kick the spent mags off the side or off the fantail.  Too much extra work to bring them back down below.
We had thousands of them so it really didn't matter.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:55:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the Goverment we have things that are expendable. In other words no one is really keeping track of these things closely. No serial number or accountability-means expendable
View Quote

When we were underway in the Navy, on board  the ship, we would  just kick the spent mags off the side or off the fantail.  Too much extra work to bring them back down below.
We had thousands of them so it really didn't matter.
View Quote

YIIIIKES........!!!!!!!like in OUCHHHHHHHH !!

i was on 5 westpac cruises on aircraft carriers & i never saw the Marines kick mags over the side, in fact they tossed them in a green cloth bag & took them back below for cleaning.., i even got to shoot once because the Marine ordnance Sgt. was a good friend & worked in the Armory where i kept the guns that i bought over seas.....

in many ways i would love to go back to those days & pick up some of the battlefield "junk".....
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top