Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 10:54:17 PM EDT
Just got a couple of the gray parked England mags.  Nice looking, but when function testing in a friend's AR, half of them failed.  Some of them would not lock home in the mag well, and some would not lock the bolt open (some did both).  Also, in trying to remove the floorplate, we had to use a hammer and large nail!  Will replacing the (crappy as hell) black followers with green solve the problems?  What about the lock-up problem?  Should the cutouts be filed?  What can be done?  I am tempted to sell them or trade them for USGI.

D-R
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
ALL UN MARKED SA 80 MAGS WERE MILITARY REJECTS.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Great, so what should I do?  I filed the cutout on a problem mag, and it seems to be doing fine now.  Put a G/F on it, and it now locks the bolt back on friend's Bushy.  Had to mess around with the floorplate and tabs on bottom of mag to get them to loosen up, it seems to be ok for now.  Anyone else have these problems?
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, i had an unmarked english mag, and it work wouln't load into the mag well. I left it loaded down for a while and now it works flawless....i picked up several more the other day.
Don't give up hope on them.
I pulled out my followers, and compared them to green USGI followers, and they seemed identical in size and shape to me. So i saw no point to replacing them.
Leave them loaded down for a while and make sure that your primers are pushed all the way to the back when you're loading them. 99.9%Faliures occur with SA80 mags because the tip of the bullet rubs up against the mag if not inserted properly. (that is if you have the same follower as me)
Personally, i have the thoughest time getting the follower BACK in after dissassembeling my brit mag. Good luck!
IMHO
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
This post will reaffirm what i just said:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=166593[/url}

The key is to [b]break them in!!![/b]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought the black teflon finished SA-80 mags with the Imperial Defense on the floorplate from Lauer new in sealed plastic. DSA has them for $20 each. I have shot the heck out of these in my IPSC Bushy V-Match with ZERO problems. I'd buy more of these in a minute. I have heard quite a bit of problems with the grey parked versions.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine are unmarked except in the front bottom it looks like a weld circle but has a number in it mine are #2#8#9 all work fine and loke down is right when they are new they are stiff and a little wack is required to seat,I left the 22 I have loaded full for 4 months ,shot em off on wedensday they all functioned and now are alot smoother,remeber they are parkerized on the inside also.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top