Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2003 1:38:32 PM EDT
Why do colt mags fit tighter than other mags. I got a colt and a USA mag at a gun show and the USA (very cheep, I will not ever buy another one) and the Colt is tight going in. I have a DPMS Lower.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I used Colt made mags for 20 and 30 rds that are of course pinned to 5 as per our stupid law.

I never had any problem with them at all.  They work just perfect regarding feed and drop.

Here in Canada, Colt mags are considered the best available by users and dealers.  Of course we would be happy if we can get HK SA-80 mags.  So, far no trouble with Colt.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt subcontracts to the same companies that have the current military contract for GI mags.  They install their own baseplates.

Paying more for Colt mags is paying for that pony on the baseplate.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually my colt magazines fit great into my Colt preban rifle. Remember don't always trust what the baseplate says about who the magazine where made by. I've seen some colt 30rd mag bodies that I'm sure where made by Sanchez because the pinning resembled a Sanchez body. I've also noticed that Sanchez magazines fit tight into my Colt rifle but other USGI mags fit just fine.

Look at the quality of the magazine and not the baseplate name and you'll be a lot better off in the end.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have noticed on the 2 colt mags I have they have 9 welds on each side.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top