Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 12:56:05 PM EDT
I see he's selling 5 OKAY mags for $179 shipped...that's $35.80 each! Maybe I'm nuts, I should quit my job & just sell magazines!

www.ammoman.com
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]
It does seem a bit steep.  Some people like one-stop shopping.  Others are willing to cruise the EE looking for deals.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
But don't forget the [b]FREE[/b] shipping! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Don't forget that there is a difference in "Selling" and "For Sale" Right? everything has a price.....
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]Yeah He's so nuts he busted his ASS a while
back shipping 5000 British mags to us
AR15 comers for a terrific price.[>:/]

I just got 3K worth of ammo delivered to me
from him - got here in less than 72 HOURS after I ordered online! [8D]

Some people are just Hard to Please . [buttkick] [/b]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I have bought a lot of ammo from him, but you are indeed correct about his mag prices.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#6]
AKsRule,

I'm glad your happy...I've bought ammo before from them, and have been satisfied...$38+ for used mags is outrageous...10 mags for $179 is more like it. These prices are getting out of hand?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
AKsRule,

I'm glad your happy...I've bought ammo before from them, and have been satisfied...$38+ for used mags is outrageous...10 mags for $179 is more like it. These prices are getting out of hand?
View Quote

That is the beauty of a free market economy.  If he can't sell them at that price, then he will lower the price until they sell.  If he can sell them at that price then more power to him.  

If you don't like his prices then don't buy from him. It is just that simple.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
If you don't like his prices then don't buy from him. It is just that simple.
View Quote
I agree whole-heartedly...but $38+ for a used mag is over the top, and I feel the need to bitch about it, here! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Its not like someone is holding a gun to our heads forcing any of us to buy it. If he wants to sell it for $1,790.00 his has that right, but we don't have to buy it from him. I imagine the prices for all pre-ban mags will increase drasticly over the next few months or so. Everone is going to try and cash in there chip before the AWB ends. Assuming that it is not replaced by an even more Dim-witted law.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#10]
He probably paid more for them to begin with, and he's like anyone in business, he wants to make money, not just break even.  And there are a lot of people that don't visit this site that don't really know what mags can be had for if you know where to look and are patient.  I might have been one of those people at one time.[;)]

Please don't tell me the individuals in the equipment exchange who sell near new mags under twenty dollars are making a lot of money.  If I find out they paid $5 for those mags and are selling them at $18, it will ruin it for me![:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#11]
He hasn't posted on this site ever since the Indian ammo fiasco.

Guess he got his feelings hurt.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:05:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I imagine the prices for all pre-ban mags will increase drasticly over the next few months or so. Everone is going to try and cash in there chip before the AWB ends.
View Quote

I am going to have to respectfully disagree....

"Supply and Demand"

The market would then be "flooded" as it is already starting to show. I watch the EE continously and the suppply of mags has gone way up these last 4 weeks and the price has steadily gone down. Why pay more if you can go to another seller who has the same for less, ie supply and demand.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I see he's selling 5 OKAY mags for $179 shipped...that's $35.80 each! Maybe I'm nuts, I should quit my job & just sell magazines!

[url]www.ammoman.com[/url]
View Quote

Maybe
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#14]
i have no good, nor bad comments.

I have never dealt with him.

I like to help out fellow arfcommers. Fact of the matter is, price is everything. If i can save $50 by ordering from somehwere else, im goign to do it. To me, $50 is a lot. IF he were a few bucks higher, sure.

Sometimes the prices are just a bit high. Nice selection, jsut a tad steep.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[b]Yeah He's so nuts he busted his ASS a while
back shipping 5000 British mags to us
AR15 comers for a terrific price.[>:/][/b]
View Quote

wut?

did i miss something?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I like to help out fellow arfcommers. Fact of the matter is, price is everything. If i can save $50 by ordering from somehwere else, im goign to do it. To me, $50 is a lot. IF he were a few bucks higher, sure.

View Quote

Trust me.  If NAM did not like the price he would DEFINATELY let us all know.  [;)]

TRG

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Trust me.  If NAM did not like the price he would DEFINATELY let us all know.  [;)]

TRG

View Quote

THere's one thing i forgot to mention, the prices are a bit high.

LOL  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Are these the ones advertised a short while back with new green followers and springs, and would this make the price a little more palatable?

Not that I could get them ahem being in CA and no friends or relatives in other states.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#19]
He is a good guy to deal with , BUT $179.00 he's on crack !!! , leave that shit alone...
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#20]
If you don't like the price don't buy it. There's no need to bash the guy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not going to bash anyone  but I have had good luck buying mags from AR15HQ I picked up 5 refinished for $100.00 and 5 range beaters for $82.00    do the math.   Here is their Email address   [email protected] they also have magazines on gunbroker.com   give them a call.also if you know anyone who has just gotten out of the service see if they still have their 7 mags and would be willing to part with them a few weeks back I picked up FN mags this way for $50.00    it worked good for him and he was happy and so was I.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
also if you know anyone who has just gotten out of the service see if they still have their 7 mags and would be willing to part with them a few weeks back I picked up FN mags this way for $50.00    it worked good for him and he was happy and so was I.
View Quote

Wouldn't these be post-ban mags?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#23]
The FN mags are pre-ban magazines  not dated, no restricted use stampings  
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The FN mags are pre-ban magazines  not dated, no restricted use stampings  
View Quote

as in STOLED US GOVT. PROPERTY?

Ususally, you are required to turn that stuff in. I would be careful.....
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top