Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2018 9:40:14 AM EDT
I know the Malaysian is good ammo.

How about the  OFV.  They guy was just going to 5.56 and getting rid of the 7.62

I have read a lot of decent reviews and some that say it might blow the gun up.

I shook the cases and could hear the powder and know it isn't firm from moisture

The crimps all look good and the ammo is all the same length

1986 manufacture date
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If memory serves the 70s/80s was good and the 90s had some bad lots.  Overall not impressive ammo but OK for plinking in the good years noted.  Here is a good link I had laying around with some info:
https://m14forum.com/ammunition/7205-indian-ammo-warning-read.html
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
70's OFV is good stuff, a bit weak in my experience.

90's stuff was complete garbage, I basically gave mine away to a guy who was willing to shoot it in a bolt action only.  Screwed up brass, loose bullets, no consistency in powder loadings that I could see.  Think I had a couple of blown case heads or something like that in FAL's with it when I first tried it.  Stuff was a joke- like all the visibly failed QC ammo was sold in the US, when it should have been destroyed for safety reasons.

Have not seen the 80's stuff, but if you post a photo it would help.  The 70's was mid 70's dated, purple sealant, and dark colored casings and bullets. I recall the 90's stuff was much brighter colored-possibly just less tarnished.  I will say that the rumors of possibly Winchester or Radway Green engineers helping with the 1970's ammo manufacturing setup, then obviously being no longer around in the 90's, make a lot of sense.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top