Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2008 2:52:06 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Sig 556 Swat with a twist rate of 1:7 IIRC. Looking for opinions of those that have this rifle as far as what brands of ammo and bullet weights that your rifle likes. Should help me narrow it down a bit without having to try them all
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was accurate with just about anytihing, but it's favorite was 68gr Black Hills HP.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Almost every rifle has it's own preferences.

I had a friend years ago with two rifles, same manufacturer, literally only a few serial numbers away, and one rifle shot great with one ammo and terribly with another ammo.  The second gun shot great with ammo #2, but terribly with the first ammo.  All depends on the barrel.  Anyone who tells you that so-and-so ammo will do "best" in your rifle is giving you poor info...you have to test them all...and your rifle will shoot some better than others.

I can usually find an ammo that will shoot 2" or less if I do enough of a search for ammo...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
my 556 swat is excellent with prvi partisan match.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top