Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2007 1:37:29 PM EDT
Stopped by the local store about a mile up the road today to pick up some .22LR for this weekend's festivities.   The same store that's been dicking me around on the Federal .223 VPs for the last several months.

I point out the boxes of .22LR I want and the guy tells me they don't have the key to open the case.   He's got some of the shitty stuff in the back that he'd be happy to get me, but someone took the key home for the case and it anything in there aint going anywhere today.   No .22LR for me.

While I'm standing there in disgust, I noticed the whole left side of the case is empty, no handgun ammo, no shelf stickers, nothing.  So I ask him what's up and he says they are no longer selling handgun ammo.  I asked him if this was a Walmart policy or local store policy and he responds..local store policy.

All I could do is shake my head, turn around, and walk out.    The store has been there less than a year and it's already reached loser status in my book.  

Plan on trying another store tonight to see if it's a local trend.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
First no more guns....now no more hand gun ammo. What's next? No more american made products???????    To late we are all doomed. Doomed I say.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What say all ye Walmart folks....is that happening in your stores? I know Hillary used to sit on the WM bod but her old influence surely cannot be felt anymore and can they be that worried about her bid for president and that effect on their business? I sure aint
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I see you're from NC.  Just what Walmart is that so I don't make the mistake of going to that one.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I say that we shouldn't do business with anyone with that sort of attitude. if they don't think its politically correct to sell guns and ammo then gun owners should not buy from them. if every gun owner did that they would be hurting for business. hell were over 90 million strong right. it sucks to say but I bought my first gun at a walmart in Utah.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I see you're from NC.  Just what Walmart is that so I don't make the mistake of going to that one.

Vulcan94

Greensboro store....Hwy29&Cone Blvd.

I also checked out the next closest store and they still have their handgun ammo on the shelves.  Their stock wasn't that great, but at least they appear to still be selling it.  At least the stickers were still there.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vulcan94

Greensboro store....Hwy29&Cone Blvd.

I also checked out the next closest store and they still have their handgun ammo on the shelves.  Their stock wasn't that great, but at least they appear to still be selling it.  At least the stickers were still there.

Check!

Now, if I were you, I would write a letter of complaint to the corporate office about their "local policy".  Just to put some heat on their butts.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a terrible neighborhood.  Not that I condone what they have done but that's just thugville.  The new wal-mart in high point has it all on the shelves.  I bought a box of 45 acp yesterday.  I just picked it up and took it to the sporting goods counter.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#8]
BOYCOT CHINA MART
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#9]

That's a terrible neighborhood. Not that I condone what they have done but that's just thugville. The new wal-mart in high point has it all on the shelves. I bought a box of 45 acp yesterday. I just picked it up and took it to the sporting goods counter.

Sound like a shit neighborhood and one that you probably need a gun to even shop at their store.Maybe once traffic dies off they will figure it out but I rather doubt it,it is just arrogance and antigun politics
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#10]
You should put some pressure on that store management.  No way should the key for the ammo case have left the store property let alone the crappy attitude you recieved by that associate.
Get the District Manager's phone number, posted on the wall near the customer service desk and give him a call.  If he will not resolve this, then go over his head and call Wal-Mart directly and ask to speak with his superior.  A couple of conversations should get their asses back in order at that store.
The problems with that department are the store manager's responsiblity and it does not seem he is taking care of business.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Last time I was ready to buy ammo from Walmart (north Dallas), nobody was around while I picked out what I wanted.... I flagged someone down, and they called somebody, and that somebody told me that someone else had taken the key to case home.  He was nice though and offered to go look in backstock for what I wanted.  Finally came back and said "Sorry, Sir, but what you want isnt back there.... the key should be back tomorrow morning.  Sorry about that".    I usually don't go to walmart except a couple times a month - tops.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#12]
If enough ammo does not sell over time, then I would imagine that a store would discontinue selling it. It's not always antigun issues that cause the discontinuation of ammo, slow sales would account for it also. Was this a wally world that sold ammo briskly or was it a sit on the shelf item? The key not being available certainly could be an issue, especially if a antigun sporting good manager was going by their little personal agenda instead of store policy. In that case, a complaint as far up as you can go might get some results, sadly, way to many people never follow up and we end up losing by apathy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I think Walmart not selling ammo is a local thing.  I was in my local Walmart about a week or so ago and they were well stocked with ammo, both .223 and handgun.  I bought 15 boxes of UMC .223 and they still had 15 or 20 boxes left on the shelf.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Ammo problems were solved at my Walmart by asking for the manager and having him order what I want.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That's a terrible neighborhood.  Not that I condone what they have done but that's just thugville.  The new wal-mart in high point has it all on the shelves.  I bought a box of 45 acp yesterday.  I just picked it up and took it to the sporting goods counter.

Amen to that.  My brother rides the FD in that neighborhood and they have been told not to take any gang colors off any patient they treat or the gang will come after the FD.

The Wal-mart on Battleground in G'boro has the ammo out for you to get what you want.  None behind the counter.  Walk up, pick it up and head for the front of the store.  It's not in my area but my son plays for the fife and drum and has practice over there occasionally.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

While I'm standing there in disgust, I noticed the whole left side of the case is empty, no handgun ammo, no shelf stickers, nothing.  So I ask him what's up and he says they are no longer selling handgun ammo.  I asked him if this was a Walmart policy or local store policy and he responds..local store policy.

All I could do is shake my head, turn around, and walk out.    The store has been there less than a year and it's already reached loser status in my book.  

Plan on trying another store tonight to see if it's a local trend.

There are three Super Store I know of in Charlotte. Two sell ammo, one does not. None sell guns anymore.

I'm loaded with 9mm but might pickup 2-3K more WWB at $15.57 as this could happen overnight as it apears to have done near you. I can't believe what I see as nothing but goughing by online store. I will only qualify that by saying that if Winchester sells to Walmart for 25% less, then they hve a reason to be marked much higher.

Walsh
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#17]
If they have a shitty attitude, and someone taking the key home besides, go in and stir things up. Talk to the manager, if that doesn't work, go higher. If necessary, let them know you won't be coming back and most importantly, why you won't be coming back. Also let them know you will be calling the main office and letting them know this too, along with the fact that you will tell everyone you know to not go there to shop for anything at all. I do shop there, but only once a month or so, and only because it is a product that I can get elsewhere, but not as cheaply as I can at WalMart.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#18]
My local Wal-Mart quit selling 9mm and .25. I don't know whether that is a trend or not, but I noticed back during the summer they had the shelves marked with the red tag on all the 9mm, so I kind of knew it was coming. I helped them "clearance" it out the door Bought all I could of Winchester and Remington at 14.00 box of 100. The Remingtons were JHP. Wished I could of bought more. I told my Dad and he went and bought 4 boxes. We should be good for a while.
They still have the .45 Blazer Brass for 11.97. It seems to shoot pretty good. I can get an employee discount since my mom retired from there, if she buys it. That makes for .45 at 215.40/1000. I think that is pretty good at todays cost.
Eng208
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#19]
My stores keep getting more 9mm (I know as I buy some every time I am in the store and I am stacking it deep for the day they stop!).  I would not be surprissed in the least if they drop it at some point and I hope by the time that they do that I have a 4k to 5k minimum stockpile of it!

I did notice however that my local Wal-Marts have stopped stocking the 147-gr FMJs and enen the 147-gr HPs are tough to get.  I use these with my supressors and I didn't get the stockpile of these put away that I would have liked!

I go to Wal-Mart about twice a month and every trip I buy about three or four boxes of ammo to put away.  I shoot a little of it but most goes to my long term stockpile.

I just wish I had done that with 223 ammo years ago when I could still get that cheap
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top