Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:30:20 PM EDT
I just bought some of this ammunition from Wideners expecting old-style brown box mil-spec 7.62 since they market it as IMI. What I received was boxes of 20 rounds .308 150gr FMJ labeled with both the IMI and A-MERC logos on the boxes.
The cases are stamped "IMI 308 WIN" so I assume that IMI is the sole producer and A-MERC is merely a marketing partner in USA(?)
The reason for my concern is all the flak I hear about A-MERC's quality control and would like to know that this is true IMI quality ammo, even if it is only SAAMI spec.

Shooting experiences with this ammo?
I'm looking to shoot it out of a FAL.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
a-merc produces it with IMI parts.  i would not trust the a-merc process based on other peoples problems.  that being said,  i have only shot 700+ .38spl C3 and had no problems other than a few hard primers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting. According to Wideners, here www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=6783&dir=18|476 they claim it is Israeli mfr to IMI specs, but it does seem as though Wideners, looking at the pics of the boxes,  doesn't want to make obvious the A-MERC logo, NOR do they mention it in the description.
I will fire off an email to Wideners and have them verify this.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, I had a lot of this stuff shipped to the house a few weeks ago - keep us updated on what you find out!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is Widener's prompt and courteous 90 minute response to the IMI/A-MERC question:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We asked the same question when we received the ammo and was assured by IMI that it was loaded by them and shipped over here to be distributed by A-MERC but the deal fell thru and so the ammo was stored in a warehouse until it was sold to us.

Thank You,

Widener’s
"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it appears IMI's ammunition  is not/no longer  associated with A-MERC. Good thing - and not surprising to hear!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here is Widener's prompt and courteous 90 minute response to the IMI/A-MERC question:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We asked the same question when we received the ammo and was assured by IMI that it was loaded by them and shipped over here to be distributed by A-MERC but the deal fell thru and so the ammo was stored in a warehouse until it was sold to us.

Thank You,

Widener’s
"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it appears IMI's ammunition  is not/no longer  associated with A-MERC. Good thing - and not surprising to hear!

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top