Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:57:05 PM EDT
Is there any chance that the reduced availability of good 5.56 and 7.62x39 ammo is because of the 'gearing up' for a possible war w/ Iran?

Just wondering...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about  that  , if it'd show us gearing up for war with iran , but i've seen more 223 on the market than 1-2 years rago. 76.2x39 seems to be comming back since wolf's completed thier 2b order to Venezuela.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
No.

BTW, we don't use 7.62x39 in our military as a main battle caliber, so why would the USA gearing up for a war cause a shortage in that caliber.

Also, I'm sure that the US has a war reserve of rifle ammo that would well suit our needs for any type of mission like that.  

Now it may drive up prices as the demand for powder, brass, copper ect go up for the increased demand.  We just need to open a few more Gov run ammo plants like  we had in WWII.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:05:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't know about  that  , if it'd show us gearing up for war with iran , but i've seen more 223 on the market than 1-2 years rago. 76.2x39 seems to be comming back since wolf's completed thier 2b order to Venezuela.

thats really why the shortage for wolf ammo?? what about all the other 74.62x39 makers shortage??
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats really why the shortage for wolf ammo?? what about all the other 74.62x39 makers shortage??

When I was in Venezuela last month, all I saw were a lot of FALs. I hear they just bought 100K AK-47s though.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top