Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 1:28:23 PM EDT

located here:

www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=OJPC22355F&CFID=1699760&CFTOKEN=29067571

for 3.39 for 20 rds or roughly 16.9 cents per round.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
NATEC ammo, I'd walk away from it, unless it was in a Bolt action. Better stuff out there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Do a search, there's quite a few threads on here about it.

Personally I have shot several hundred rounds through it without any problems at all.  However, many others here have reported having problems with it, especially with the case splitting at the neck - sometimes all the way around leaving the neck in the chamber.  

A great idea with lots of potential, but they don't seem to have all the bugs worked out yet.

-K

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Recent update regarding the neck separation.

www.defensereview.com/article820.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
As cheap as you can by a case of Federal XM193 (Lake City), why would you waste your money on crap like this?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As cheap as you can by a case of Federal XM193 (Lake City), why would you waste your money on crap like this?

If it's near as hot as LC, but weighs so much less and doesn't make as much noise when rounds hit each other when loose or belted, I would think there would be alot of interest and potential.  Also, the polymer is supposedly alot cheaper to produce than brass, and lighter weight = less shipping cost.

They really could be on to something if they could just get it to actually work as well as normal ammo.  

-K
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I too have shot several hundred rounds of it through my AR's with zero problems. But like anyhting I suppose one needs to try it for themselves to find out for sure if it works for you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Another one here that can say I have shot several hundred rounds of it without a problem.
Thru several rifles.  Goes bang, relatively accurate and has a rather short ejection (trajectory) flight path.  I say go for it.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Go ahead and use it.  I'll cover you while you clear your jams!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
NATEC ammo, I'd walk away from it, unless it was in a Bolt action. Better stuff out there.

No, run!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#10]
This is what I had to say about it on another thread:

All 20 rounds fired
- 5 rounds experienced case failure at the neck and body joint (could not find the missing neck,
I presume it melted and proceeded down the bore.)
- 6 rounds lost their primers 2 found in the lower receiver
- Accuracy SUCKED rounds were all over the place a good 7 inches apart from 30 yrds and I was shooting from a bi-pod.

Bottom line I will not buy this ammo again and I will discourage everyone I know from buying it. I left several of the cases with the range/gun shop folks to show users what happens.

All rounds did leave the barrel and made it down range, but I would not bet mine or anyone else's life or firearm on this ammo.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up a box of .223 at a gun show last winter.  Shot it at a target 400 yards away with my Remington.  Shot it in the spring.
Accuracy was slightly below average.
No problems otherwise.

If it works for you go get some more.  If not don't bother to get more.
As for me it isn’t worth it to go after more.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the concept. hell it even works. if we didnt try new shit we would still be talking about what is the best patch to use with our lead balls or what kind of rope to use to light off our smooth bore muskets.[
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

All 20 rounds fired
- 5 rounds experienced case failure at the neck and body joint (could not find the missing neck,
- Accuracy SUCKED rounds were all over the place a good 7 inches apart from 30 yrds and I was shooting from a bi-pod.

Bottom line I will not buy this ammo again and I will discourage everyone I know from buying it. I left several of the cases with the range/gun shop folks to show users what happens.

All rounds did leave the barrel and made it down range, but I would not bet mine or anyone else's life or firearm on this ammo.

How do you like your gLock  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All 20 rounds fired

How do you like your gLock  

What are you talking about???
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got done shooting a 300 rounds of natec through my AR with zero problems and the same accuracy of LC, I personally really like this stuff, makes my mags significantly lighter.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought two boxes of it to put in my safe so when it's a vague memory I can post pics of it and make the newbies go "what the hell is that???"

Woody
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:20:44 AM EDT
[#17]
www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=820

I have a couple boxes of it, but have not tried it yet.  Love the concept, but I ain't sure on the execution yet.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top