BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2005 3:57:19 PM EDT
I bought some of this Winchester/IMI stuff at a gunshow (right photo):
www.cougarridgetradingpost.com/223ammo.htm

Is it "Grade A"?  Was wondering since there's no X prefix on the box.  Thee ammo looks and shoots really good too but it's pricey.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Is it "Grade A"?  Only Winchester knows for sure.

Was wondering since there's no X prefix on the box. The X prefix is a Federal marking, not Winchester.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer Q loads over retail packaging. I'm very interested in Q3131 and Q3269 of recent manufacture. Just maybe a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it "Grade A"?  Only Winchester knows for sure.

Was wondering since there's no X prefix on the box. The X prefix is a Federal marking, not Winchester.

Ahh..Thanks!

BTW, some asked how much I paid.  I'm almost emberassed to tell I paid ~$7 a box (just bought 6 boxes at the time though).
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, now I am REALLY confused!

I went to the link for cougar trading post.  They show Q3131, 55 gr M193 ammunition that is NEW, manfuctured in 2005.

DOes ANYONE know the story behind this?  I thought Q3131 Q3131A was history.  That IMI was no longer making it for Winchester.  Did Winchester get a new subcontractor?

Yes the price is abit more than we were used to paying 12-18 months ago for Q3131A.

If anyone knows the real story, please share...

Thanks

Beat Trash
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top