Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 8:42:43 PM EDT
I recently aquired a box of each of these (in component form). Does anyone have any experiences with either of these out of an AR? I also have a Savage Mod 10FP in 223 if they don't work out in the AR.

TIA,
Ben
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The 70's work good on small deer and pigs up to 150 + or - .

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:50:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the best accuracy out of the Hornady(compared to the SPEER). The Nosler 60 grain is expensive but good. You may want to check out the Seirra 65 grain GK as well. I assume your looking for a hunting bullet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]
More answers in the RELOADING forum. The Speer 70 is so outdated now, we used to shoot them in Mini-14's...back in the early 80's.  Bullet design and construction, especially in .223, has made a lot of progress since then.

Paladin
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top